Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I am thinking about making a scrapbook for one of my friends birthday which is coming soon. She is a girl and i am a boy, and she is from South Korea and she will be leaving in December to go back, i wanted to do something that she would remember. I am just wondering if this is possible to send off the wrong message? Since we have mutual friends most of the book will be pictures of everyone and her. If anyone could add their insights it would awesome
    Sincerely

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a a scrapbook of the time she has spent here would be a fantastic gift! SHe would have a wonderful memory filled treasure to take home with her.

If you are concerned about it sending a romantic message- maybe you could use the word friendship in the title. Like "Little Book Of Friendship", "I get By With A Little Help From My Friends", "A Year of Friendship", "Don't Forget Your Friends From _______."

Maybe have a few pages in it that people could write a special message to her, and include their snail mail addresses &/or email addresses, ph. #'s etc. so all of you could keep in touch.

Not much but I hope that helps a little. I'm sure the gals here will come up with some other really great ideas for you!

PS: WELCOME to the board by the way and...Please share whatever you wind up doing for her- we'd love to see it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never made a scrapbook for someone that they did not love. I think that most people appreciate something that is made with love, either romantic or friendly love, it doesn't matter. You are truly a wonderful friend and what a better way to let her know how much her friendship means to you and to others by making her a scrapbook. I definately think that everyone should write her a special message or note and have it tucked into the page with an envelope or a pocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the board. There are a lot of quote websites out there with friendship quotes - to keep it away from being too personal.

Although, since you have mutual friends and the pictures you will be scrapping are of all of you and certain events, I don't think you will have any problems if you should happen to journal about the event.

Good luck and if you have any other questions, please ask.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to ditto what everyone else said. She's going to appreciate whatever you come up with. It's a great idea and I hope you're able to pull it off. Good luck!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a kind and thoughtful gift. Since a lot of the photos are of a group, I don't think she will misconstrue your friendship for romantic love. Use lots of photos, and be sure to have everyone help you with the journaling. On the last page you could have an address page so that all of the group can keep in touch.

The scrapbook will be such a great thing to show to her freinds and family and give them an insight into her time in the states. Be sure to include some sights of your local area, the home she stayed in, the school, her teachers and other pertinent points of interest. Something like a personal annual of the time spent in this country.

We would like to see what you have done, so please post it for us to view. I'm sure you will do a lovely job.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how you could go wrong with a mini album. Everyone has given you wonderful advice. Good luck and enjoy! Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.