Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever gone to a crop at a convention? We went to the Arlington Texas convention last week and I met several nice people while sitting waiting for my daughter to shop. One person told me that the crop on the last night of the convention is always the best, because a lot of the vendors don't want to pack up everything, so they donate it as gifts for the door prizes etc. She told me that you have a lot of fun and go away with about three or more times the cost of what you spent for the crop. She said that alot of booths will also offer Buy some, get some free instead of packing up also. I have decided that the next convention I go to, I will allow more time for make and takes and also do a crop on the last night.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone ever gone to a crop at a convention? We went to the Arlington Texas convention last week and I met several nice people while sitting waiting for my daughter to shop. One person told me that the crop on the last night of the convention is always the best, because a lot of the vendors don't want to pack up everything, so they donate it as gifts for the door prizes etc. She told me that you have a lot of fun and go away with about three or more times the cost of what you spent for the crop. She said that alot of booths will also offer Buy some, get some free instead of packing up also. I have decided that the next convention I go to, I will allow more time for make and takes and also do a crop on the last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like some good advice for those of us who are going later this year.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, thank you! I'm going to my first convention in October and this is a great tip!

Pam
    Red Rubber Designs
    www.RedRubberDesigns.com
    ~*~*~*~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to one personally....I've really wanted to go to the one they have every year in Nashville, I'm kinda scared though cause I had a friend go and she said it's nothing to spend, spend, spend...LOL....as if I have a promblem doing that already. THe cropping with so many others would be fun I'm sure.
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sheri I did spend when I was there but I had b-day money Also, if you go try checking out volunteer oportunities. I volunteered for 3 classes and got a free kit from one of the ladies. Also, my entrance to the vendors area was comped and I got a 30 dollar voucher at the CKC booth so I only payed 2 bux for a boat load of chipboard

Didn't go to the crop though since it cost more money and I had a weekend crop I was going to later in the month.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the one in Arlington a couple of yrs ago. I didn't win any door prizes but the vendors did have a lot of things for sale really cheap, 1/2 off & more, that they didn't want to take home. I got some really good buys that way.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for info ziggy...I'm all about going...I've been trying for 2 years now...Hmmm...go figure.....I've got 2 boys too...lol
    Come visit my blog.... Highlandeyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping to get to the one in Valley Forge PA this July. I haven't checked out any of the prices for crops and classes yet.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips, I'll be attending the CKC in August in Charlotte. I'm looking forward to the classes and crop. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.