Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SB room is such a mess, so much that i REALLY need to start cleaning so i can catch up on scrappen again! I have my stuff ALL OVER THE PLACE! I guess i need motivation and some tips for me trying to 'clean up as i go" - i'm usually pretty good about it, but i've let it get OUTTA HAND!

What are your tips of staying organized??!

P/S i know some of you are going to say, ORGANIZED? what's that? LOL:P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! The thing that works best for me is to clean up my mess after each project. Next to my counter space where I scrap, I keep two hanging file folder tubs with lids (like you get at Walmart) with hanging folders in them. One is for cardstock and the other is for patterned paper. I have my files in both labeled by color starting with red through purple, neutrals, browns, blacks, white, pink (sorry Ziggy ), then metallics, mulberry paper, vellum, and whatever else I use that isn't regular cs or pp. This enables me to use scraps a 'lot' more because they are so handy and already sorted, plus it is way easier to clean up after each mess because I just sort it all out into my folder holders. Then everything else gets put away in its own place. I have a place for everything so I guess that old saying, "a place for everything and everything in its place" is what works for me. It doesn't take me long to clean up after each mess so it must be working, lol! Plus, I really like having a clean space to start the next project on .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that I should add that my DH made me some wire paper shelves that he hung on the wall for me and he put in a wall cabinet for me next to that. Both hold a lot of supplies. Then I have a shelf thing that has four shelves on it. On the top shelf I keep my wet wipes and my two Xyron machines and on the shelves I have four of those plastic four drawer organizers on one side. I think they are around 12" wide or so. I sort stuff into those. One drawer has all my deckle edge scissors, another has all my embossing powders, others have: Pearl Ex, stamps, stamp pads, wire and beads, punches, etc. And I have one of those bigger three drawer organizers that are on wheels. I keep a ton of stuff in that. I also have drawers and cabinets under my counter top, but I keep my paints and other supplies in those .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think I spend more time organizing and cleaning up my SB area than I do scraping! I did do a major overhaul in the downstairs den, where my sbing area is, and just getting stuff thrown and given away made the area look much better. My scrapbooking desk and I have to share this rather large space with my DH's desk, a pool table (great for laying stuff out on) and a TV area. I don't have all the latest gadgets so I probably don't have as much stuff as everyone else and that is a good thing because I am messy enough with the little collection that I have. My biggest problem is my desk. It is very old and not really set-up for scrapbooking. My Dad made it for my sister and me when I was a teenager and I just cannot part with it. It is the only thing I wanted from my Mom's house when she moved. This past week I finally cleaned off the top of it and moved things off that were not absolutely necessary. It has made all the difference in the world. I now feel like I have room to work. I am also in the process of putting my papers on top of my cedar chest. It is going to by an extension of my work space. I also have some shelves (not near enough) that my DH put on the wall for my essentials. I'll try, one day, to post some photos when I'm done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto - I clean my space after I have completed a LO or project, before starting the next. Very easy for me to make a growing mess.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not the one to answer this question... I do something than work over the stuff for the next project...LOL. I do keep trying to pick up ... mostly when I can't stand it any more. My problem is not much time so I have to hurry.!!

My dh just built the 2nd part of new shelves for me and I'm in the middle of painting them. I do agree the things that have a home stay neater and in their place. I collect to many thing to add to lo's... I need to get a large cardboard box and section it off with file folders and put the stuff behind each vacations, trips, etc. Than when I scrap them I can just pull that folder. This will be the last major hurdle of organizing scraping item / pictures.

Good Luck and if you find the cure please SHARE!..lol.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not organized! I could seriously use the help of a professional organizer for my entire house, lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm one those semi-organized scrappers,lol. I have a place for most stuff and I have even labled the drawers,shelves,and containers. But then theres stray misc. things you just don't know where they should go. They usually get shoved in a container or cup,I have cups filled with pens,markers,strips of paper,etc. My clean-up routine is once per week or 2 or 3. So it doesn't get too out of control...well at least it doesn't look like to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a small space, then you have to be organized. So, I pick up after I finish each project. I have 6 storage cubes, 3 plastic totes, my rolling tote, and 2 plastic files. Everything but my photos are there. I have 8 photo storage boxes. I have no room to be disorganized.

But, I will eventually have my own scrapping/craft room....so ask me then. I'll bet I find lots of disorganization then!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROTFL, I am the last person to advice on that subject. My sister is always threating to submit my name to "Mission Organization."
    Mickie