Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TON of pictures of my son and I want to put his whole first year of pictures in one place. I tried finding a photo album big enough but I need one that holds around 300 and they don't make them that big anymore, plus I want to be able to write little comments and dates under them. So I decided the only way I could do that is to make a scrapbook.

My questions are:

-- Will it hurt the pictures if they touch? I will be putting them on the front AND back of pages. Is there a way to protect them?

-- Also, I am going to get this scrapbook. It has an expandable post-bound spine so that means I can put more pages in it if needed, correct?

Thank you to anyone who can help

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, let me go through your questions ~ NO it will not hurt your pictures if they touch. The album, yes, you should be able to put more pages in it. You may want to check the company that makes the album and see if they make extra pages for it. If it's some weird company the "generic" refills may not fit correctly. When making your pages, if you use acid and lignin free paper your album will last much longer. Good luck to you, and have fun with it!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow 300 pics is a big undertaking! To answer your questions: I often have pics touch in a layout and to my knowledge it doesn't hurt them. The pictures are protected by page protectors or sleeves that go over the pages of the book. You may want to choose the best pics to use in the scrapbook and then have a photo album to house all the extra pics. There are a zillion ways to scrap your pics...by date, by event....The scrapbook you chose is expandable. This board and others like it will be a valuable tool and encouragement. Happy Scrapping! Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to use an acid free adhesive too. You might want to use those little acid free photo corners to attach your pictures if you are using the originals or acid free photo tabs that you stick on the back and then peel off the sticker paper to attach to your page. Acid free is very important if it is something that is touching your pictures. Non-acid free stuff will break down your pictures faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny...I started scrapbooking because I was planning to do a baby scrapbook for my son. I'ts a year and a half later and boy have I gotten into this craft, but have yet to make that baby book. I have about 6 other books going all at once.
    Anyway, have fun and you found a great board to ask any questions you may have. Welcome to the board!

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you get started, you will really love it. We'll be glad to help you, so ask us anything. I think it is a wonderful that you plan to do a scrapbook of your son.
    Judith

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to use those little acid free photo corners to attach your pictures if you are using the originals or acid free photo tabs that you stick on the back and then peel off the sticker paper to attach to your page.
    This is what I plan on doing. I used the peel-off ones in my son's baby book and loved them. SO easy and you can take the pics out if need be without much effort.

***Thanks for the answers everyone. I only have about 100 pictures as of right now, so its not going to be *that* hard to get them all in a scrapbook.. I just said 300 because that is how many I am -guessing- I will have by the end of his first year. I take about 25 a month... he's my first, can you tell? lol.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to ask, I was wondering what "Top loading" means.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think top loading is a page protector that loads from the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is correct oniska.

There are top loading protectors for post bound and if it was strap hinge the page protector slips over the page from the side.

Ziggy