Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please give me your opinion on this or any other ideas you might have. I'm on my church mission committee & we are planning a missions conference in Oct. We have a nice group of missionaries attending and we have 9 retired missionaries that live in our county. We want to extend a special invitation to the retirees to attend & be recognized. Since I make cards, I've been put in charge of this part.

I know the word Missions on the side doesn't show up real good on the scan but it is the same blue as the background cardstock. I know I need to work on the letter positioning. I've got the invitation computer printed on the inside of this half fold card. The stars are embossed. I'll take any suggestions on this or ideas for something else. Blue is our theme color.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I'm trying to think from my working days when it was my job to design the books or brochures for our Missions Conference. I noticed yours was in country - Ours included all over the world, so we usually incorporated a world in there with faces or something.

Do you have a name for your conference, i.e., Missions Conference 2007, Reaching Others for Christ, or something like that? Maybe something on the front like join us for Mssions 2007?

I like what you have done, was just trying to brainstorm with you to make it a little more specific to the conference. Maybe if you use it as is, try using bold letters and turning them on the side? I know that my thoughts are probably more along the computer graphic side, but you can usually get around that if you make it simple enough.

Hope I didn't confuse you more. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I'm sure the ones that receive these will love the hand made cards and the time you took to do them. God bless you.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy,

I know nothing about these kinds of celebrations but I do think this card is lovely! I would like it even without the slide mount. I think the embossed stars are awesome and maybe you would want to replace the mount with a cross or some kind of symbol of your church group.

Love the colors and lettering!

Hugs,
    Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea... the card and what your church is doing for the retiredees ... one Christmas we got baskets together for retired pastors in our section... are you doing something physical as well as in word?? They really like any jester of thankfulness...

Love the card...

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I'm with Donna as I think you should remove the slide mount. I think using a cross charm would be appropiate. I love the card and the colors. You could tie the charm on with that darker ribbon, which is a nice touch.

Please show us your final product. I have name tags and 2 programs to create for the end of Sept.
    Judith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks for some great ideas. I used to have a map of the world stamp but when I looked I couldn't find it. That's why I went with the stars instead. I will look to see if I can find some cross charms or maybe a cross stamp. Our conference name is Missions: Joyous Reunion indicating a reunion now & a reunion again when we're in heaven. I'll see what I can do with putting that on there. Thanks for all the ideas.
    Judy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, you might be able to do your title on the computer and then mount it as a deco square or something on the card. That would probably save you time and money buying charms, etc. Maybe put it over a ribbon or something. Just a thought.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here we are with version #2. As you can see I've cut the star area down & left off the slide mount. The only cross I had was a brass stencil so I used the spackle technique to make the cross. On the bottom right I put our conference logo (designed by me). There is a shadow on the top of it because I cut it out & glued it. I could try to print it directly onto the white cardstock but I'm not always real good with positioning. What about inking the edge of it like the others, mounting it, or popping it up? I'm also going to add our key scripture on the inside right which helps to explain the logo.
    Judy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful cross! But.. I liked the former best. Could you put the Cross in the center with the stars around it and the title along the side where you had missions before? or Missions across the top and Joyous Reunion down the side? Then just leave the ribbon off.
    Sorry my suggestions are causing you more work. You could put the Cross on pop dots to bring it forward above the stars.

Your first edition has more of an impact.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it - Maybe if you did like you said and inked the edges and then maybe even matted the little square, it would make it stand out more.

I think the cross might look good on the star paper also.
    Lynn