Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Journaling reads (and DFS stands for Duty Free Shopping):

The aquarium inside the DFS Galleria Center in Waikiki is known as "The Tube" because people can walk through the two-story aquarium and view manta rays, reef sharks, yellow tangs and dozens of other fish swimming above and on both sides in the 65,000-gallon aquarium. It is also visible from the sidewalk outside at the corner of Kalakaua Avenue and Royal Hawaiian Avenue.

The $2.5 million aquarium was part of a $65 million expansion of the shopping complex in 2001, but it has not fulfilled DFS's hopes of attracting customers. DFS has decided to upgrade the Galleria's image, and the aquarium does not fit with the as-yet-unnamed luxury boutique that will go into the space now occupied by a T-shirt shop. The fish are to be removed from the tank by April 23, 2007.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie, that is a great LO. The tube reminds me of the one I saw at the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN last fall. I was fascinated as theirs were full of sharks. I'm sorry the fish are being removed. I guess they will also remove the Tube. Glad you got to see it before it's demise.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aww too bad it was removed. The paper is awsome and good job getting some pics of the fish in there! We tried taking pics of an aquarium and our flash bounced back dur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool, bonnie. i love your photos, and your lo and journaling, of course.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love your LO and the info is great. Both Myrtle Beach, SC and Baltimore, MD have tubes in their respective aquariums. Thanks for sharing. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the LO! I went through a tube aquarium at Sea WOrld I think it was- and it was an awesome expreience. Sorry to hear this one is closing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is so cool! At least you got to experience it before they close it. Your layout is great!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Layout, love all of your journaling. I am sorry that it is closing, Its crazy how they can just do that, you would think it would have some kind of fish laws. But I guess in the business of making money what is fish to some people.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic Bonnie i love going to aquariums at the Detroit Zoo they have a polar bear exhibit kind of like the tube here but you get to see the bears and seals and sealions swimming i went last year with Zan and of course no bears were in the water at the time LOL
    Margaret

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just love all your Hawaii LO's. That is really too bad about the end of the aquarium. Now your LO is of historical value .