Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help I'm drowning in supplies and can't scrap/alter/craft/sew because of it.

Okay thanks to a really good friend I have come up with a way to organize my ribbons and my fibers.

I have also come up with a system to organize paper and paper scraps.

And a system to organize Page kits and finished items likes tags, photomounts etc.

But all the little embellies are killing me, I've started by putting brads into those clear flat fishing tackle boxes with the little dividers (these are like the floss organizers but I liked it better because it latches more securely) so then I got another one, because I have a lot of brads, then I got another one to put eyelets in, now I'm putting metal embellies and altered paperclips in another one. I am thinking I need like 10 more of these! Before I go and spend all that money they are like 4.00 a piece I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? I did have all these embellies in their own little zip baggies (those kind you find in the craft dept) and then in drawers. The problem is that I now have too many to even see what I have, I am resorting to taking out the drawer and dumping it so I can spread all the stuff out and see what is there and then I have to put it all back. End result I'm not using my stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori, I know alot of people who use bead holders. They are between 20 and 30 dollars at ACM. It's a black case that has a bunch of little plastic cases inside. The plastic pieces lock so if you drop it, there's no spilling! I'm not sure how many brads/eyelets you could fit in each compartment, but you can put alot of them in it. And it's easier to carry if you go to crops because it has a strap. I'll see if I can find a picture.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embellies are a problem! I have all mine in a drawer in their pkgs. but it is a pain to find what you want. Not sure there is an easy solution ...except only buy what you need when you need it!

But what fun is that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't ask me I don't know where half my stuff is :-P I bought some little divider things from JA's I think. They've got 6 little removable compartments like mini tackle boxes and you can fit two units back to back. I bought a lot of craft keepers and those big plastic things from Michaels to keep materials for each project in. When you figure out something let me know!

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I just went and bought the last 4 tackle boxes that one Wal-Mart had, this is the second time I've done this. You would think they could put more than a few out at a time, or maybe the fisherpeople could buy a different tackle box than the kind I need! I guess this is the system that I am going with cheaper than anything I've found so far, they are about twice as big as an embroidery floss box. And cropper hopper stuff is pricey, and that bead thing is really pricey (I have beads too lol) it also wouldn't hold bigger things I wouldn't think like big buttons. I did entertain those little holders that have a bunch of tic tac containers but that wouldn't hold all these different kinds of embellies and I'd like to have a uniform system. Thanks for all your help I will post pics when I'm done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put mine in pill organizers (ya know those that say S M T W Th F S and alot of them lock closed so they don't spill open on their own!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leona you made me laugh out loud, wait until I post the pics, I would need a bazzillion of those pill organizers. The pharmacy staff would sure look at me wierd when I asked if I could buy a case of those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori you have such a sense of humor!!You make me laugh!! I use the same tackle boxes. For my larger things I use the plastic shoe boxes.
    Can not wait for the pictures.
    Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey there lori, i remember you saying some time ago how you organized your paper and scraps, but i'm old and can't remember. would you mind telling me again....i did but some organizing things at the thrift store, but i don't know if i bought them to actually use or if i just liked them...lol mary
    *Mary*