Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Scor-it

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen, but not used, the 12" Scor-it. Decided it was probably to big for what I would want to score and didn't really need anymore big tools around the house. But I heard about a card size scor-it. Cards are what I think I would score most. Any input on the scor-it in general and has anyone seen or tried the smaller version?
    I have to make over 200 tent style wedding place cards. I am thinking the small one could be a life saver. Guess I need to hurry- wedding is 9/8 and RSVP's are due 8/17. Won't leave me much time.

Thanks

-B-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brenda, most paper trimmers have scoring blades that you can buy to put in them in place of the cutting blade. I have the gray Fiskars trimmer. The cutting blades are orange while the scoring ones are black. It's only about $5 for the blades, before the coupon at Michael's and ACM.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cindy, thank you for reminding me of this. I have all the blades for my Carls cutter and keep forgetting about my scorer. So I will quit looking at these I already have one. LOL

Diana
    Diana

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diana- where do you get the refill blades for your Carl? Our WalMart carried the 12" Carl & 12" Cricut paper trimmers- but NO REFILLS for either of them! They only carry the blades for the Fiskars 12" trimmer.

The sales lady thought the replacement blades for the electric Cricut cutter went to the paper trimmer!

I do use the scoring blade on my Cricut trimmer, and I also have the Cutter Bug Trio- and using the Scoring bug w/ ruler a lot.

But for 200 place cards a trimmer style one would be the only way to go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christi, I order mine from Sam's on line. Are you a Sam's Club member?

Diana
    Diana

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know sometimes you forget the obvious. I have a fiskars cutter and my black scoring blade kept ending up in the way or falling off so I just took it off and put in my drawer with the new blades. It got pushed to the back and I just forgot about it. Duh! Has to be less than the Scor-it and it will meet my need for immediate gratification much better. LOL.

Thanks for the reminder.

-B-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. I know what you mean!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a card scor-it at a make-n-take at Archiver's a few weekends ago. It is a lot smaller than the regular sized one, but I found it hard to use. It could be the kind of situation that if you needed to master it in a hurry you might get frustrated easily. You have to make sure the groove on the scorer part is into the notch(with your cardstock in the right place) and pull down.

Cindy, great idea--using what you have is a whole lot cheaper!

Christi, I've found replacement blades for my Carl at WM on clearance (about a year ago) and have found the speciality ones (deckle, wave, short wave) at my LSS. I have seen them at Sam's Online, but with S/H, it might be a bit pricy.
    Laura

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking for the carl blades also with no luck - guess I will have to order on-line. I still have the original blade in mine that was in it when I bought it and it still cuts - probably been 5 years - but not used all the time until about 1 year ago.
    Lynn