Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok now there has been a lot on this topic. So far none of it applied to me.

I made my dil a wedding book (she helped) about 16 pages and she took it to work and her firend wants me to do one for her. She told her about $200. and she didn't blink an eye. She even said she would buy the album.

I always fell into that catagory - I couldn't ask that much for a page... LOL.

Well I'm thinking all the hard work is done for me - the planning of pages...LOL. This much would help defer my scrapping spending... I have a wishblade and it would pay 1/2 of it. I'm considering it seriously. The only problem is my dil said that her colors were weird and I like a book like this to look elegant.

What do you think ... yes or no.

If yes will you help me...LOL.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm, what are the weird colors you would have to work with? Do you have a timeframe that it needs to be completed by?
    bonnie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second Bonnie's questions. If the colors are too "weird" to you, you may struggle with trying to make it look elegant. And if it is wanted too soon, you may feel rushed and not be able to do the pages as well as you would like.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clarinda,

I really think that you could make a somewhat unorthodox color scheme still look elegant depending on how you presented it...formal layout, choice of embellishments, using the colors in moderation, etc. At least find out what kind of colors are being considered before throwing this income/learning opportunity out the window.

Good luck!
    Victoria

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ASk to see the pictures first - at this point, it'll give you what the friend's taste is. Y aknow? I would start there first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say find out the colors and go for it. I mean if it is something you can not find do it in black and white and add touches of that color in say if it is a burn-orange or lime green..... any color looks good with black and white and you can pretty much find any color in ribbon and flowers. 200 bucks and she will buy the book and you already have something to go by. I say do it!!! oh and i would have her print the photos that can really add up and then you know what size she wants of each is the ones she brings you.

I will help you out with anything I have if it is color you cant find.

Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't burn down that bridge yet - meet with her, see the pictures, look at her color scheme, make your suggestions and then make a decision. My DIL and DS's wedding book was not the typical foo-foo glam wedding book and I think it turned out really sweet. They wanted all fall colors (October wedding) no lacy things, etc. and it ended up matching their wedding day and they were thrilled. With your creativity and ideas I bet you could pull it off --- I guess something to remember is that it's not going to be your book but the new couples (clients). Wait and see - you might just have started a great new business. Best of Luck! sam