Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow I ended up being a co-leader for a brand new Brownie troop. I could use as much advice or tips as I can get. I'm not sure how much for dues, etc. I know there are websites to get activity ideas from. I just don't want the girls to be bored or disappointed. Thanks.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the the Girl Scouts organization has a web site where you can get information for leaders on it. You can contact the Girl Scouts organization to get some information.

You know they have a whole line of Brownie and Girl Scouts scrapping stuff out right? Bet they wouldn't get bored doing that, lol!

Thinking back to my Brownie/Girl Scout days, we always did a craft every week and then we did things to earn badges. Cookie sales , everyone knows about those. That's about all I remember off hand.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the website for the Girl Scouts for our area, if you don't have it yet. I'm sure there's somebody who could help. My DD is starting this year too. She'll be a Daisy. Good Luck.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I've been on both websites and started a notebook of forms, etc. I also found some sites with badge activity ideas. I couldn't find any info. on what to charge for dues and what to include as far as do I buy the sashes or vests out of the dues money and also the badges and troop number for the sash, etc. It's that kind of thing that I'm looking for.
    Lulu - where are you from? (I'm may have known this, but I forget)

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and I saw a TON of scrapbooking stuff. I also saw that making a scrapbook applies towards the "caring & sharing" badge and also a paper making craft(cards and envelopes) for the "friends are fun" badge. Not to mention the Building Art which ties into my job! I think this is going to be pretty fun.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! They sucked you in just like Cub SCouts sucked me and hubby in , LOL. I'm sure you'll do fine! Use that book as your lifeline. And just try to think about your daughter; chances are that if you think she will enjoy it, then the other girls probably will too. Check with your local council to see if there are any informational meetings available. I run one every month for all the Cub Scout leaders in my district. Told you they sucked me in, lol. It may also help to make a plan of events and activities several months in advance so you and all the other parents know what is coming up in the next few months. Make a list of goals that you would like to accomplish with the girls and check them off as you do them. And always use the other parents as a resource. They may have knowledge about something that you don't and they can run a meeting for you in order to help the girls get a badge.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, I'm from D'town. I just got an e-mail with all kinds websites but I think they are all geared for Daisies and not Brownies. If you're interested I could e-mail or pm you. I have no idea where to get the answers you are looking for. All this is very new for me. I have never been in GS myself but always wanted to. I guess I'm going to be living through my DD. Think this is a habit I'm going to have to break?
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,

If I can I'll find out if my former Girl Scout leader can send any info you're way.

They should be doing something though for you if you're going to be a coleader so ask for help and what you should charge! I remember my parents paying 7 bux for me. The vest and sashes are up to the parents. We had one or two full sets of uniforms which now I think are only the vests and things, I think they've moved on to kahaki. That way if a few couldn't afford it or like we only wore it to official stuff so when I got my Silver Award we went to the big thing in Tally and we used those uniforms and pinned them to fit

Good luck and have fun!

Now I had a troupe that met once a week, but once a month I don't know what those troops did. I would get there earlier in Middle and HS so I'd make the Kool-aid, we had a snack and got ready for whatever buisness was to be had. For example go over what ever events that were coming up like World Thinking Day and work on that, I think we had looked at the Badge Book and decided on something we all liked and worked on that but you could work on other stuff too. Ohhh shooot!! My Gold Award (part of it) was different puppet ideas for one of their Try-It's I have no idea where that file is anymore But most of the stuff is fairly easy to put together.

Also, if they're interested in badges have them look through the book to see if they've all ready done something in school that year that counts. We found a lot of stuff that way if we brought it in to prove it. Or most of the time the leaders just trusted us

Also, look at community service things. Now I might not have been a brownie but I remember going to a park and one time a fitness park for a badge and then cleaning up. Which is part of the Girl Scout thing anyway, always leave a place cleaner than you found it Unless of course it's my room

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kidding, $7.00 a week?!! It was $1.25 a week when I went. That's inflation for ya .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my mom paid like $4 a month. It all depends on how many girls there are and what kinds of activities you want to do with them. ANd if you check out museums or the zoo or some place like that, ask them if they have discounts for GS.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon