Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I wanted to print out several small pictures (different ones, not same pic duplicated) that were for example 3x3-- can I do that with PSE 5 and have them print out on 1 sheet of 8x10 photo paper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I wanted to print out several small pictures (different ones, not same pic duplicated) that were for example 3x3-- can I do that with PSE 5 and have them print out on 1 sheet of 8x10 photo paper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have PSE just not your version. But, I'd crop the pics to the 3x3 size and on the first pic page, I'd resize the canvas size to 8x10, capture and move the first pic to the very top. Then copy the other pics to that page moving them one at a time for 2 across and 3 down. Would that work for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your reply, Sam.
    Honestly, I have no idea what will work for me!! I am still researching a photo printer, but I just want to be sure that I can maximize my use of photo paper if I want to print out odd size photos and then trim them from a larger photo sheet for use on paper LOs.

I don't even know how to use my PSE yet, only played with it once. But I bookmarked some sites that Cass and Oniska(?) listed so I can get some tutuorials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I'm doing photos that 4x6 or less, I use 4x6 photo paper -- I get all my photo paper at Costco and it's very inexpensive. It's just less of a headache to use the 4x6 for my smaller pics. Good Luck - once you get the hang of it, you'll love it. Tweeking is F-U-N!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For 4x6's I use my Epson Picturemate, typically. For unusual sizes I print on my Epson RX700. I haven't tried PSE cropping to a size and printing out yet, but I don't think it would be a problem to do 3x3's with that.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is how I do in in PSE5 from the Organizer:
    1. Make sure all pic's are sized the same (anything that works for you). I usually size to 4x6 or 5x7.
    2. Using your control key, select all the pic's you want to print in the same size.
    3. Select print.
    4. Select custom size as preferred (generally the bottom of the drop down list).
    5. Set printer to preview if you want to see them before printing and if your printer offers that option (most do).
    6. Print away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Windows XP and the Kodak program that came with my digital camera on my computer. When I go to print a pic, it gives me a choice of 8X10, 4X6, 3X5, or wallet sizes and I can print 1, 2, 4, and 8 respectively. It automatically pops up when I ask it to print. It all prints all them on 8X10 paper. I can also clean up the photos and crop them on this program.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam's method should work very well, with the advantage that you can use whatever size pix you want, in whatever combination. I use this to create my Christmas card every year using regular 8-1/2 x 11 cardstock...example below.

I just print on my laser printer, because I don't care about archival quality. But truthfully, any print I care about for long term, I wouldn't use a photo printer. Even not counting the initial investment of the printer, I know what I would spend on ink for a print exceeds the 12 to 20 cents I spend by sending to a photo lab, and I know the print I get back is archival quality. JMO, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have PSE 4.0 and am pretty happy with the program. When I decide to print using that software I just click on the photos I want. The go to 'file - print' That takes me to the "print selected photos" where I can choose from a dropdown menu of individual prints or a picture package. If I choose the pic. pkg. I can do either a "contact sheet" with thumbnails or else have a choice of many - all 2-1/2 x 3 or 4x6 or other combo's of 3x5 etc. I only use this if I've missed a photo or need something quickly. Otherwise I'm with Illinimom and use an outside photo lab. Shutterfly thru Target has done a really nice job and now they offer a pre-paid plan that comes to about 12 cents each plus a terrific price on books. Good luck.
    Ms. Merry