Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping to find some paper that was sparkly all over, but so far no luck on that. So I thought I would make glitter paper to die cut for the 3d ornaments. Like the pot on the bottom of this tree.
    Is there any way to easily do this? If so, what kind of glue? DO I use like a Modge Podge type of thing or what? Should I glitter the paper after it's cut into the shapes or before?

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass... I know you have seen the tape that is in sheet and it is strong it will hold beads... I have some from oriental trading...
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=br...le+Sided+Tape+Sheets

It is great with little work... but I would think with glitter that you could just bruch on glue and sprinkle. You could do it both ways a whole sheet or cut first than glitter. I did some pages not long ago and it wanted to curl up on me so if you do whole pages you can put under weight and flatten out later. (Also I watered my glue so if you water it down just add enough to make spreading the glue easy.)

But I would think cutting would be easier before you glitter so I guess I'm no help in deciding...LOL.

Can't wait to see your project.

Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, more info needed and then I think I can help lol. Do you want the glitter to not rub off if it's touched or does it not matter? Will you be attaching your glitter paper to something else (chipboard, cardstock etc.?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are a few things I have heard and/or tried:

MM Glitter Glaze= transparent glaze with crystal glitter (reflects multi colors). Paints over any color paper/chipboard, etc for glittery effect. I coated a couple sheets from a matstack, dry, and they cut beautifully in my Cricut.

Xyron- run entire sheet or just diecut with adhesive on top (or both sides), peel top, coat with glitter, shake off excess. Then use a piece of wax paper or the xyron backing paper to cover the piece while you rub on top to press the glitter firmly in place for less rub-off.

My LSS girl said she has had great success with good ol' Tacky Glue as the base for glitter! and the WakyTaky tape for lines.

Diamond Glaze- "draw" or paint on, coat with glitter, shake off excess. This is great to add details to stickers or use crystal glitter to "sugar coat" them entirely!!

Have fun, and let us know which techique you tried and liked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, I used SU's crystal effects to put glitter(diamond dust) on some things. It gets in the stuff and doesn't come off.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the general craft, paint, or floral areas. We used to use spray cans of very fine spray glitter on planted chrysanthemum and poinsettias. It would spray very well on paper, as well. I love the stuff and always keep them on hand. Be sure to lightly spray over your paper. You can always do a second coat, if need be.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, I LOVE your tree ornament! Too cute! I am going to try making one, too!!!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by LoriS.:
    Cass, more info needed and then I think I can help lol. Do you want the glitter to not rub off if it's touched or does it not matter? Will you be attaching your glitter paper to something else (chipboard, cardstock etc.?)
    I don't want the glitter to come off. I was going to try to have the Brownie Troop make these. I need to try it first and see how difficult it is once the die comes. I figure that they can decorate them with little jewels and the sequin ribbon, but wanted to do the glittery pots like the photo shows. I also got the nested star die and thought that they would look nice in glittery paper. I'm not sure if I will need to adhere it to chipboard before cutting or not. If so, probably very thin chipboard.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I never even heard of MM Glitter Glaze - that sounds pretty cool. I didn't think of using my xryon either. Thanks for that tip, too. Oh, and Spray glitter! Wow - lots of great options. THanks.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run the stuff I want to glitter through my Xyron and then I sprinkle on the glitter and rub it into the sticky, and dump the rest off. It stays on nicely if it's done that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://marcopaper.com/sparklepaper.htm

I have a couple sheets of this. I got it at our LSS for about $2 a sheet if I remember correctly. If you want I can get you some and send it too you.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon