Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DH just bought this for me and I can't wait to get started!! There are so many instructions that it could take me forever to learn. I'm curious if any of you have this program and what kinds of things you've done with it.
    Diana
    Proud Grammy of Maggie Lane
    War Eagle!!

Check out what's happenin' at my blog:
    http://www.dianasausomecreationsetc.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My DH just bought this for me and I can't wait to get started!! There are so many instructions that it could take me forever to learn. I'm curious if any of you have this program and what kinds of things you've done with it.
    Diana
    War Eagle!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this program. I've done a few layouts that I've posted in the digital section.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diana,
    Go down and look at the digital section for a few examples of what we have done.
    Then visit some of the digital sites....GottaPixel.net has some good tutorials as well as a challenge (Tut Your Own Horn) with instructions each month for enhancing your creativity. She uses a version of photoshop in her instructions, and the first few challenges were VERY basic, so join the site and go back to the beginning. Then, if you get stuck, either post on gottapixel, or here in the digital section, and you will get LOTS of help. Also, there are other sites with digital tutorials and some are mentioned in the digital section here.
    GOOD LUCK with it. Once you learn it, you're gonna LOVE it!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also new to pse5 yes ther are a lot of sites I am learning it by trial and error. We just started thd digital site here at sas. ther are some site that have tutoriasls and freebees . And the layouts are beautiful. If you are just starting out. I would go to the create a layout in pse5 and start with a simple layout. Then start adding things and as you learn it will come. Sometimes you will feel like your taking five steps back. One rule is to save save save as you do your work. You will cry if you almost get done and mess it up. So if you save, you may only lose part of it. Another is get a notebook and write your own manual as you learn. Also learn you can your layout smaller rather than bigger. I save a psd file at 12/12 . then if you want to later make it smaller for printing you can. I also save one in jpeg in 300 ppi . then save one at a smaller ppi (I think 72 ppi) for the web. Don't think a question is dumb, because othe people have had the same problems. When I starte I had to ask how to draw a line LOL. If I told anything wrong, someone please correct me. You also can do things for the traditional scrapbooking that you can print and put on your layout. I like the cookie cutter and the way you can take a sample of a color out of your picture. and put it in a embleshment or in your pape. I am starting to ramble so I will get off. DALENE. I think I am becoming the queen of finding freebes. I have been all over the world looking at layouts and papers . I can tell you that in some countries they have different colors for papere etc. I visted a laydies blog in China. If you dowload a freebee always leave a thank you I have learned it in about four languages. Also if you use a freebe in your layout give the designer credit also where you got it from. Another thing we have been dicussing is how to organize everything . we need all the input we can get

oniska-Dalene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the info! I'm not looking to do digital scrapbooking. I'm wanting to do the old fashion scrapbooking, but I want to use the photoshop for things to create and print. So, if any of you are doing this, let me know. I've gone thru a few of the tutorials and then today, it kept aborting itself. Could be my computer is not large enough to handle it. That would be a REAL bummer!
    Diana
    War Eagle!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have PSE 4.0 and am making friends with it to emhance my pix - not especially digi SB'ing. I've gotten so many pointers from the TV show at www.scrapbookmemoriestv.com where they have a small segment on computer SB'ing. I've actually learned how to copy one smiling face and put it on another frowning face. Also I use the tut's from Linda Sattgast at www.scrappersguide.com. You get a lot of freebies from them. And, lastly, Elements has a great support site that covers about any question you may ever have. And as everyone says have fun with it but save, save, save.
    Ms. Merry