Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting into a rear end accident (me being the person rear ended) on my lunch hour yesterday by an intoxicated driver who fled the scene after I confronted them, really bites. Especially since my new car (purchased in July) is my baby and I am pretty darn sure the intoxicated driver had no driver's license, no insurance, etc. and I have to pay $500 out of my pocket (my deductible) to get my new car repaired.

On a positive note - it happened just outside where I work (our office is located on the corner of a busy downtown intersection), I had witnesses one of whom wrote down their license plate number, one of my co-workers followed the driver while on the phone with 911 (although the intoxicated driver ran a red light and my co-worker made the smart choice and did not continue pursuit), the fire department came, the police came so I will eventually have a police report, my boss came out to see all the commotion and I only have soft tissue neck and back injuries.

Now the only hassle is actually getting my car repaired, having to fork out my deductible, and possibly pursuing some massage and chiropractic care.

Otherwise, thankfully I was not seriously injured. I am ready for the weekend and unfortunately I have to drive my banged up car until it gets repaired (hopefully next week) after the parts come in.
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie,
    Thank God your not seriously hurt and don't need to be in hospital, and people saw and helped you. Sorry about your baby, been there.
    Just glad to know your allright.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear you are ok. Wow what a lunch hour you had. Just remember the car can be fixed and money can be made, but YOU my dear are the only YOU, and YOU are the most importaint part. Glad you are ok.

I totally know this sucks right now but glad you had people watching, hopefully they get the guy who hit you.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie, I'm so glad you are OK. And I can relate to your frustration about your baby. A guy T-boned my DH's truck about 4 weeks ago, but we were lucky, he admitted it, no injuries, he had insurance, and we got the truck back on Wed. If my Dh had not sped up, the guy would have hit him in the driver's door. The truck is only about a year old this month. If the driver is found, your insurance co will probably sue him for the cost of your damage, and if they get it, reimburse you for your part. In NC they would automatically lose their liscense plate and their DL for fleeing the scene of an accident. Also, you can not have a plate on a car in NC without liability insurance. Good luck for a decent settlement of your claim and repair of your car.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie - I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was, but I'm sure you are going to be sore all over for a few days.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG Bonnie, really glad you're OK and I hope the injuries are very minor! What a dang shame about "baby" & what a hassle, when it's not your fault & have to deal with it.

You were lucky that you had all that help. Why do they call these accidents? In Europe they're called incidents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie glad that you are alright and I hope that they catch up to that person and they get what they deserve--intoxicated during lunch hour--awful! Again, glad you are alright. Rest up and relax this weekend.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont post much but I read everything you all say.
    I am very glad you are okay. Thats the important part.
    Next important is trying to find that person that hit you.
    So not right!!
    Again, I am happy you are okay.
    Have a great day!

Dorothy
    [email protected]
    vcrlay.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your accident Bonnie, but at least you are okay. Our town is mourning the death of 3 high school cheerleaders who were not near as lucky as you. I know we all love our cars, but just be very thankful you are okay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad that you are okay! Sorry about your brand new car. I hope that the driver is found and that said driver has to pay the consequences for such wreckless driving. I hope the laws regarding drunk driving in your state are steep. That person could have killed you or someone else. I have no tolerance for drunk drivers.