Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I seen this before but for the life of me cannot remember where, I have a sizzix die cutter and I was wondering what other dies can be used in it besides the sizzix dies and sizzlets w/adaptor. I seen some really cute dies out there that I know I would use a lot but don't have their cutters.

TIA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I seen this before but for the life of me cannot remember where, I have a sizzix die cutter and I was wondering what other dies can be used in it besides the sizzix dies and sizzlets w/adaptor. I seen some really cute dies out there that I know I would use a lot but don't have their cutters.

TIA

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you have the big red original Sizzix with the handle you pull down? You can get an adaptor for thinner dies. It is specifically made to fit their Sizzlets. You would probably have to use shims to make it fit Quickkutz (spelling?) and maybe Cutterbee too. I have not tried either of those with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I can't really help you with this either. I have the Sizzix but have not tried other dies other than the Sizzlets. If you go to Sizzix, you can get on their mailing list. Then they will mail you every Tues. about their sales. That way you can get more dies at cheaper prices.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you have both the Sizzix Converter and Sizzix Adapters you can use almost any die on the market in the standard Sizzix machine. That includes Accucut, Quickutz, and Cuttlebug. The exception are the larger dies made for the BigShot & the BigKick like the BigZ and largest Thick Cuts dies - they are too wide.
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone, I have the original Sizzix w/ the handle you pull down and knowing that I can get other dies for this will be great instead of buying the machine that goes with that type of die cut

Thank you again for the help

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto what Flo said. I've used my SIL's cuttlebug dies to cut something on my Sizzix with the adaptor, of course.