Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have anyone ever been to a home party by Creative Memories, Memory Works, Stampin‘ up, Close to My Heart , Leaving Prints or Top Line Creations? I was think of being a host, catalog that is.

What were your impressions?

Did they have a good selection?

Did they have great ideas?

Were they affordable?

Would it be worth it to host a party? Did you get a lot of free items?

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have anyone ever been to a home party by Creative Memories, Memory Works, Stampin‘ up, Close to My Heart , Leaving Prints or Top Line Creations? I was think of being a host, catalog that is.

What were your impressions?

Did they have a good selection?

Did they have great ideas?

Were they affordable?

Would it be worth it to host a party? Did you get a lot of free items?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid I cannot give you alot of input. But, I just signed up as a TLC consultant. I know that with that company, prices are somewhat reasonable. With any of those companies you are not going to get anything "cheap". Think Local Scrap Store type pricing. The company has to make a profit. As far as gifts, at least with TLC, alot of that is up to the consultant. The selection is pretty good. I'm sure anyone would find something they like and would use. I'm sure it would be worth hosting a party for someone if you find a consultant who will do a make and take. Plus having your friends there with you is always a nice way to spend an afternoon. I know it's not much advice, but I hope it helps you make a decision. Happy Scrapping.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the parties are like any other sales/party. If you have a good sales person, then you will have a good party. I have been to a stampin up party, that was soo much fun. The sales person is sooo creative. Love stampin up.

HTH!

Jennifer

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a Memory Works consultant, but I only buy for my own use, I will order for people, but I wont do parties except catalog parties. So I cant tell you how well you will make out, but I can tell you that I have had several Stampin Up parties and I have made out extreemly well. I have all the 48 ink pads and a zillion stamp sets. So Stampin Up is a deffenet yes to me. I guess it really comes down to the consultant though. If she is good, and loves her product then it will sell.
    I love the Memory Works product, but I dont have any intrest in selling it. I do get 15 dollars credit everytime someone signs up. And since it is only 35 bucks to sign on, it sells itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far i've only had a CM party, not too many people showed (and it was a free show, usually they run about 10.00 beucase you are using the Demonstrators products to make a page). Sales weren't Too bad, and i did get a decent amount of stuff free, but I think it really depends on the Demonstrator...and the people you invite, if you don't have alot of people (10 i think is agood number), or people that are into scrapping the sales just arent going to be there, then again that is with any home party company. (I used to sell Christmas around the world, and even in the DEMAND season it was like pulling teeth to get people to have parties and if it wasn't their style the sales just weren't there, (and i've heard the same from some other home party sellers)

Book parties are VERY hard, unless you have people that already know the products and are looking to restock what they have, its going to be difficult since there is no one to show them how to use stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to a CTMH party and I felt that the selection was kind of limited....to many stamps and not enough other stuff. That's the only one I've been to so I have nothing to compare to.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you dont mind me saying this, I am with a company called I Remember When. And I love everything they have to offer. They offer a wide variety of Brand name items from Bazzill, Doodlebug, My Minds Eye, We R Memory Keepers, Xyron, and more. I dont want to over step my boundaries, but if any of you want more info. Let me know
    Teresa Cadwell
    Independent Scrapbook Instructor
    I Remember When
    I Scrapbooking!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have hosted a CM party, it was just ok. I did get some free stuff, but Im not real happy with their albums (you have to trim your 12x12 pages to fit right).

My fav is Stampin Up. I got a lot of free stuff from the hosted party, the stamps are mostly sold in sets. So for the price you pay, you do at least get a lot of versatile stamps.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiannaMF:
    My fav is Stampin Up. I got a lot of free stuff from the hosted party, the stamps are mostly sold in sets. So for the price you pay, you do at least get a lot of versatile stamps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree! I've hosted SU parties and i love their stuff - I've gotten some great hostess gifts from them as well as learning a new technique and their make-n-takes.. I especially their FREE stuff!! And you know how we all love the 4-letter "F" word