Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was hard at first to find a scrapping area, I would pull everything out on the livingroom floor, and have to hurry to pick it up each night. After many night when I just wanted to leave everything and go to bed, it hit me I have to have a scrapbooking space if I want to keep this hobbie alive. So not the best for most but I used the top of my dresser in my bedroom. I took off all my photos and moved them to a different place. Then I when out and got trays to hold my papers and other thing and I made my own space that I can work on my hobbie when I wanted to and it did not have to be moved. We have a small house so space is scarce, so if I can do it, I hope I could help someone else who has space issues.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's safe to say...even those with huge area's to scrap in have space issues. Just like you spend what you make...you fill what you have.

Whatever works for you...WORKS!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that your right - no matter how much space we have it isnt going to be enough.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work on my kitchen table because I dont have a space of my own... but if I am working on a project there... I leave it there... just kind of stack everything up and leave it right there... I want a space of my own!!! lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a few ideas to carve a scrap space out of a small space...I am contemplating this b/c we are in the process of moving and not necessarily to a bigger house:

1. Dining Room: Supplies can be stored in the bottom of the china cabinet or in an armoire.
    2. Any closet can be stolen for a scrap space... depending on the size, you can actually build a desk inside or just have all of your supplies handy.
    3. Large tool chest (there is a thread here about a pretty colored one) that can hold all your supplies and be wheeled to the kitchen or wherever you like to scrap.

I read a tip somewhere that if you do scrap on your kitchen or dining room table, purchase a large acrylic sheet (office supply store) and then you can just cover whatever you are working on while you eat dinner and then remove it after your done! I thought that was a good tip!

I scrap in my finished basement which is nice but is also somewhat removed from the family and things going on... with working full time and 2 great but busy kids, I might want to check on a LO while I'm cooking dinner or in between fielding homework questions but can't
    b/c it's downstairs (of course I could use the exercise!!)

So anyway, go for it and make some space for this wonderful hobby! You deserve it!
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by quadmom:
    I think it's safe to say...even those with huge area's to scrap in have space issues. Just like you spend what you make...you fill what you have.

Whatever works for you...WORKS!
    So true, I now have a whole bedroom to scrap in, but the table I have to work on is very little. And anew table is going to have to wait until i get new tires for the van, replace the falling down gate in the yard, and so much more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what size scrap space we have, it is never big enough or organized enought. We always want more, more, more, because we keep collecting more and more stuff.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally got a scrap space at the begining of this year and it has been so nice to have all my stuff in one spot but we are remoldling so looks like I will be losing my spot and will need to figure out something else. I may need to be in the new laundry room instead of the dining room but as long as I have a spot, it' all good! This will give me a chance to change things that weren't working as good as I thought they would!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heather, if you can, be sure to find an area to put in shelves just for you. I wish I had done this when we built. Then I wouldn't be constantly looking for storage space for my supplies. Oh well-- hindsight is always better than foresight!! I was so busy planning the decorating, I forgot my favorite hobby!

Judith
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually got an inexpensive TV armoire at Target to house my supplies in my bedroom, but I'm quickly outgrowing it. I keep a fold-up 4' long table under my bed, but lately I've just been leaving it out. My cricut takes up one dresser and my computer and printers take up another. I could use my own room, but it would have to have a TV in it....maybe someday.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]