Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Recipe Box

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need some help and suggestions. I am doing 6x6 recipe cards for a wedding coming up in..oh...about 11 days...yeah I know last minute...but anyways....I need ideas on what to put my 6x6 recipes in to give to her....I want a recipe box that I can either alter or is really nice, but I have no idea where to even start looking for something that can hold that size recipes....any ideas? If not a box than whatelse would be good to put these recipes in? I am also making the divider things out of chipboard (I think I am at least) I want to is what I should say. My recipes have embellishments, ribbons, buttons, etc on them.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!! LOL

Jenn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do one of those altered lunch box things. I'm not sure where you get them though. I think I remember someone saying they found some at Target.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be hard to find the right sized box. I would check the wood section of the craft store or where they sell the types of boxes that are more cardboard like that are for altering. I have the perfect sized box to old 6x6's, but it's about 1 foot deep so you'd have to have a ton of recipes to fill it. I keep my 6x6 paper in it and it's easy to flip through. It was an upholstery sample box I got from work. Anyway, if you can't find a box, maybe you can use a 6x6 scrapbook and alter the cover.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check out Oriental Trading Company... they have a scrapbooking catalog and carry lots of different things like this... and they arent that expensive either.... hope this helps.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered some of the lunch box tins from oriental trading, but I don't think the size will work for 6 x 6. May be kind of hard to find something that exact size.
    Lynn