Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always had problems downloading fonts from the Internet. Sometimes I can do it without problems, but other times, when I try to "unzip" them, my computer (Windows XP) will deny it saying Unsupported Format. I have tried looking up what that means on about.com, but have had no luck. Do I need a program like Winzip? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Sue
    ________
    Nexium lawyers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windows XP should unzip any fonts that are True Type fonts and some others. Highlight the font file. Then on the menu on the left click on extract all files. If they are True Type fonts, that could be the problem. I don't know exactly which fonts other than the TT that XP will unzip.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Judy!
    ________
    Catastrophe Bond Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm frustrated again. I've been trying most of the day to download fonts, but something is wrong. I keep getting the message "Unsupported Format" when trying to "unzip" the files, even though the fonts are TT and should be O.K. I've downloaded fonts before, but not for awhile. I never remember have this much trouble. Any suggestions?
    ________
    Bolivian cooking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, no ideas here. Maybe someone else can give you some more ideas. I've never had any trouble with fonts. Wish I could give you some more ideas on what to do.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it happening with ALL fonts or just a particular font. If it is just a particular font, it may be a corrupt file. Try deleting and downloading again, and if it still happens and is just that one, accept that the file doesn't work. (If it is a freebie font, google it. You may find an intact file on a different site.)

If it is happening with ALL your fonts, or several, try a different unzipper program. I have had it happen where some things will unzip with one program but not another.

You can also check non-font downloads to be sure there is nothing wrong with your unzipper program itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all you suggestions! I've been working on this for hours and still can't figure the problem. I have downloaded fonts before from the Internet. Today I downloaded a new free Unzip Program to see if that was the problem and that didn't help. I tried to D.L. fonts from several different sites and that didn't help. So I have no clue what's wrong. I'm not good enough with the computer's "insides" to know what to check. So I think I'll just have to deal with this inability. Thanks anyway. Sue
    ________
    Non Light Bulb Homemade Vaporizer