Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a tickle your funny bone story about Halloween? Do Tell ....

This happened last year on Halloween.

My son and his wife had been married barely a year when they moved to San Francisco & their new apartment. Being new to the neighborhood, they wanted to do Halloween right - bought tons of candy, carved pumpkins and sat outside their door in costume to welcome the trick or treaters. They had a fair amount of ghost, gobblins, fairy princess' & a suspicious looking monkey during the evening but not near enough to depleat the candy bowl and so it sat on the kitchen counter. Around 2:00 am Scott heard a funny, rustling & dinging sound in the kitchen/living room area and went to investigate. Something had crawled into the candy bowl, no wait it was something that flew - A bat had flown into the candy bowl. On Halloween night - of course this brought loads of laughter until it took flight and started buzzing and swooping through the air. Dancing around in their underwear, avoiding the dive bombs, Sara grabbed the candy bowl dumped it out and tossed it ot Scott (having caught a pet mouse or two before) to maybe cover the bat -- I think not, he says. So they used the only weapon at thier disposal, light! And were able to confine the creature in a darken office off the kitchen. Animal control was called & responded within 30 minutes and showed up with an empty tennis ball container (what?) and removed the bat for testing.

All and all this was one for the books - a bat in the candy bowl on Halloween night. A night the newly weds won't soon forget.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's so funny! Can't blame them for running from the bat. That happened to me once. Can't stand them.
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam that is sooo funny! Glad to hear no animals & no humans were harmed. Scared silly though,I'm sure!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh! That's hilarious! Of course, I would have screamed so loud it woke the neighbors and they'd have called the police!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon