Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - something just hit me. I haven't done any digital scrapbooking on the computer yet, other than calendars.

Anyway, I happened to be on a site that was just of digital computer layouts people submitted and noticed how completely square they appeared as if they were 12x12 pages.

I was just wondering, if you are a digital scrapbooker, what size pages do you print? I know you need a special printer to print the 12x12. Also, I assume that some of the pages that were on the website may have been 8x8 or 6x6 pages but it did describe the page size.

Sooooo, what size do you print?
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay - something just hit me. I haven't done any digital scrapbooking on the computer yet, other than calendars.

Anyway, I happened to be on a site that was just of digital computer layouts people submitted and noticed how completely square they appeared as if they were 12x12 pages.

I was just wondering, if you are a digital scrapbooker, what size pages do you print? I know you need a special printer to print the 12x12. Also, I assume that some of the pages that were on the website may have been 8x8 or 6x6 pages but it did describe the page size.

Sooooo, what size do you print?
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see I missed a word in the 2nd to last line SORRY - it should be: the page size was NOT described.
    Dawn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started and haven't printed any out yet. I am setting them up as 12x12's, but I think when I print I'll print them as 8x8's and see how they look. I plan on doing an album of a trip I took with some girlfriends so I thought that size would be good for me to make all of them a copy. Other pages I'll send out for 12x12 prints

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez - something I didn't even think of -- "send out for 12x12 prints". I haven't done any of that and have printed everything at home. Okay, Cass17, you have definitely opened my eyes to something totally new!

Is that what people do to get the 12x12 pages? If so, where do you order from? I have heard of "snapfish" (I think that is right).

So, if I have this right, you create your pages using whatever digital scrapbook software you own, and then upload it to a site that prints pictures, etc. and they mail it back to you.

lolol I think my brain is done for the day!!!

Dawn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have printed one of my lo's and I did it atthe standard size of 8/11 and it looked nice. When I have been looking at some digi site I have seen places that do prints of layouts. I will try and find and post them. I think that the price will come down

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people who do 'square' put them together at 12x12 at 300 dpi. Then they can resize at 8x8 if they want to print on a regular printer. Others will send off and have 8x8 printed on an 8x10 pic and trim excess. And others will send for full-size 12x12. Costco is mentioned often as doing these very reasonably. Archivers also will print these for you. And a couple of online places, I can look up links for later.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for your info. One question I don't have a costco, so do they do online

http://www.costcophotocenter.com/helpposters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.ritzpix.com/net/pricing.aspx

That's ritz if you have a ritz or wolf by you. Though when I went into wolf by me I think the price was a little higher but not by much.

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are new to designing your pages, here's something you might want to know if you haven't learned it yet.

When you design for print, 300 dpi gives you a good, clear print. If you want to resize it to smaller, then you are safe to do so; however, if you design something 8 x 8 at 300 dpi, you cannot resize it larger, say to 12 x 12 without loosing resolution and not getting a good copy.

Does that make sense?
    Lynn