Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the best laid plans of mice and men can become over zealous in their endeavors! I have been dismantling my scrapbook room and moving it all downstairs. Hubby even jumped in helped. But, by then, I had done too much. Now I have two rooms in disarray and my back is in spasms! This is not a convenient time for this! There is the Christmas tree and decorations to put up, Steve has made arrangements to take me to Zion National Park for the weekend, I have to make tons of kits for a craft day planned for the church gals, the kitchen floor needs mopping (the parrots have made a 'mess' of it if you get my drift!), and I am supposed to take a friend out for her birthday. Life just gets too complicated sometimes and a bout of pain is not nice! And all I can point a finger at and blame is me! I can't even comfort myself by scrap booking...it is all in boxes! I guess I will have to be content with waiting... Oh! What to do?! I guess I will watch the 'Monk' TV series...Steve bought the whole thing. It seems to be a good time to watch it! I'll provide the popcorn for you to pop if you want to come sit with me!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy I am on my way! We can watch Monk, eat popcorn, drink and laugh till you are better. If we would only stop when we know we have done enough!!! But we push ourselves to get things done and to ask for help is not in the limelight! but really I am so sorry to hear this and hope you get to feeling better soon!

Diana
    Diana

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, if it's your lower back, I know exactly how you feel. Lay down on your side with a pillow between your legs and put a heating pad to your back. Maybe this will help you get over it faster. When I have so much to do and feel these spasms coming on, it is so frustrating, because if it gets bad enough, it completely stops me from doing anything.

Will be thinking about you and praying that you will recover quickly and have a great time with hubby this weekend.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Judy, I can really sympathise, I have to be very careful of my back. I usually leave moving boxes until my DS and DH can do it. I hope you are taking something to help you manage the pain. My last episode was Jan of 2006 when my foot slipped on the ice getting out of a car in PA. It was May before I could do anything that took any strength. I'm sending prayers for a speedy recovery your way. I know how busy this time of the year is for everyone.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy,
    Know how you feel, when I did my was bent over looking at my shoes a lot....seems like weeks befor i really felt good.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys! It is sorta funny in a sad way, my two sons are babying their backs, too, so we look like a bunch of hunched over old people! Sadly, the kids inherited my degenerative disc disease. And my youngest son got hit while walking in a cross walk by a hit and run dirver. So, now his upper back is damaged and his lower back. He cannot work and he had to move home. I need to help him figure out how to find him medical care...disability, medicaid, medicare, charity, or whatever is available for people like him. It breaks my heart to see him in pain and hobbling around. My daughter had her first lower back surgery when she was 20. She is the only one who is doing OK right now.

And having had 8 spine surgeries, I should have known better but, there are times when you just want to be 'normal' and not have to rely on others to do your work. But, I have taken a pain pill and am doing all the back therapies to be done. Luckily, I have an appointment to see a new pain doc, tomorrow, so he will see me in my crippled-up glory!

The one benefit of being disabled shows it self during the holidays. Having a 'disabled' person's parking permit, I get front row parking at all the malls! If only I can get better enough to take advantage of this this year!

Oh! And I did pop some popcorn but ended up burning it! So, how about some burnt nummies?
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, you can be so funny even during your pain!!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your back Judy, I know that it must be very painful (but you are hilarious!). It seems like everything bad happens right here at the holidays. We just had to have both our cars worked on this week. Luckily the mechanic is dear friend so I got a little discount. Good luck with the back AND the popcorn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back spasms are the worst! I'd rather go through labor, I know that sounds crazy but at least when you push the pain goes away, at least for me it did. It sounds like you have more experince with back difficulties than I have but in recent years I have switched to ice from heat and it seems to work better. Maybe it's just numbing up the area but hey whatever works. I get sciatic pain (my dh says it's because I'm a pain in the butt, it's only fitting)but I sit on an ice pack for 15 min and I'm good to go lol

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy hope you're feeling better. Our bodies can be so mean to us at times, but then at times it's a warning. Maybe it was time for you to slow down and take some time for just you. Listen to your body because if you don't get better things won't get done but also if they don't "SO WHAT", it will work out IF it should.
    take care of yourself.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw