Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you ladies don't know my situation. but I have a 9 month old little boy who I want to adopt. His mother is a drug user and did drugs with both of her kids. we have had him since he was 10 weeks old. Every drug test she has had is come back positive for Cocaine, except for one she had last week. The judge has given her alot of chances and the last court day he told her that this was it and it was time to get down to business. She had been in the system for 1 year now. I am just down today, because I found out yesterday that she had went into a 14 day program even though the judge said she needed extensive inpatient care for like 1 yr. I know that she has all of these conditions that she has to complete but in the mean time I fall more and more in love with Isaiah.
    Thanks for listening I just needed to get it out so that hopefully I will fell better.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be saying prayers for you and your family. I don't think this 14 day program will do her any good if she is that hard core of a user. The year long may not work either. It just depends on her and if she really wants to get off the drugs. It sounds like she is just going through the motions for the court to keep you and the others nerves tore up. Cocaine is something that is had to kick. If she does go off of it and stays off for a good period of time, if she goes back to use and does the same amount she was taking, it could be a overdose thing and die. I know this sounds harsh but it is a fact. I think you are the best thing Isaiah has. I think the judge should see that in the end. I would hate for this woman to get him back and her just fall back into the drug life. Love goes out to you and Isaiah from my family and prayers of peace of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much that is so kind of you and I love the poem. and no the 1 yr I don't think is enough. but her and her family has the worst of intentions. They want her to stay clean long enough to get him back and then sign him over to her aunt and then the free ride begins. She will get housing, and all of the other government assistants she wants for being a unfit mother. well that is the way I look at it. I have told her many times and so has my husband that we don't want to keep Isaiah from her and we want him to know her, but only if she is clean! I have another child to consider. We don't get any assistance for Isaiah other than Wic for his milk and I am fine with that because no one can ever say that we did it for the money or whatever.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there, it's hard with our systems today but there are times they DO WORK. What a wonderful thing for you to care for this child and give him some love. I pray that it works out for your family and the little one. Try to stay strong and give yourself credit for being their for a child in need.
    hugs,
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and Isaiah are in my thoughts. Drugs are nothing to fool with. I will be praying that she will gets sense and do what is best for Isaiah.

Love Dalene

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think of you and the situation often. Having an adopted daughter, I can't imagine taking care of a child, loving him and wanting him and having that hanging over your head. You will be in my prayers. Isaiah needs you for his mommie.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My heart goes out to you and Isaiah and yes to the mother too. God has a plan so keep the faith. You will be in my prayers.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Infants and children need solid firm care and love. A drugged out mother is no one to care for a child as she can't even care for herself. I will keep your family and little Isaiah in my prayers. His need is very great and it seems that you are providing for them. God will bless you in ways you will never expect. Believe that.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know this is tough, but just try and stay positive that it will all work. As someone else said if she is hardcore and 14 day program will not work--she will be using again within a week. I have been through this and it takes a lot longer than 14 days for a person to clean up who is a heavy user. The only thing that cleaned my brother up was 9 months in jail. He had done 30, 60 day programs and went right back to it, but 9 month in jail with no way of getting any fixed him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lifting you and your family in prayers.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon