Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok anyone use the Xyron 510 Laminate/Magnet sheet? I finally went through and was able to get a desent pics of one of the kids at my day care so started making the magnets, first I noticed the pics were curling but I figured that could be flattened but they didn't adhere at all to the magnet, they're covered in laminate but peeling off and I can feel spots where it bubbled at the back. Anyone have this problem? Thankfully I didn't buy this but my friend did. She got the big 510 sample thing and never even took it out of the box so this is one of the things I took from it.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok anyone use the Xyron 510 Laminate/Magnet sheet? I finally went through and was able to get a desent pics of one of the kids at my day care so started making the magnets, first I noticed the pics were curling but I figured that could be flattened but they didn't adhere at all to the magnet, they're covered in laminate but peeling off and I can feel spots where it bubbled at the back. Anyone have this problem? Thankfully I didn't buy this but my friend did. She got the big 510 sample thing and never even took it out of the box so this is one of the things I took from it.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess no one knows

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Z, I have the 510 and the 900 Im sorry to say that I never had the chance to buy any of the laminate/magnet rolls. I am hoping to buy them someday. I know this does not help you at this point but if no response appears then I suggest you call up Xyron or write to customer service. Maybe it was a defective roll. I would like to know the result of this.

T
    Come check my cards out at my webstore www.CardsByNYScrapster.Etsy.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm I guess I could but a friend bought it and then gave it to me like a year later! so I don't know if they'd replace it.

Ziggy

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only used the lammy one - haven't had the chance to use the magnet one. Been wanting to but haven't done it yet.. Maybe this weekend

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've used the magnet, never had any curling. not sure, but you may not have had the cartridge in correctly.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I guess I could but a friend bought it and then gave it to me like a year later! so I don't know if they'd replace it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ziggy,

call or e-mail Xyron (they respond quickly to e-mails). Just tell them what is going on. They don't ask questions about where you bought it or when. Xyron is BIG on customer service and they will probably replace the cartridge. They have even been known to replace an entire machine! They've replaced parts in the past for my old 1200 at no extra charge and the first time I requested anything to be replaced the machine was 7 yrs. old!

There is a good chance if the cartridge was a year old the adhesive expired - adhesive doesn't last forever and how it is stored also makes a difference.
    I recently had the same problem with an adhesive cartridge for my 900. I e-mailed them and they responded promptly and they are sending me a new one.

Here is the link to the contact #'s and e-mail addresses...

http://www.xyron.com/enUS/ContactUs/default.html

Flo
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TY Flo, probably the adhesive is old like you say. She had it for over a year and it's probably been close to another one now since I got it.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah they'll be sending me a new one!

They don't know why it's doing it

Ziggy