Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am considering buying a Cuttlebug or another dye cut system. Some of my grandaughters love to scrap with me - and I love having them. They are ages 9-14. I would like to have something that they can use in my company but without my constant supervision. They are all tidy (at least at my house) and careful but accidents happen and I want to make sure I have the safest system possible. Thanks for any information you may have. Ginny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak about the Sizzix as far as non electric goes. It would be very safe for a child. It's also very easy to use. You simple put down your cardstock on the board, then the die, then slide the whole thing underneath the pressure plate. Once you have it in place you push the handle down.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ProvoCraft just introduced a small die cut machine FOR KIDS at summer CHA. It is called the CuttleKid! I did not look at it personally, but it sounds like it is a mini version of the Cuttlebug-- just like the mini version of a Sizzix or BigKick is the Sidekick/Tag-a-long. BUT these small machines will only cut/emboss dies that are less than 3 inches square. They also released MANY new kid themed dies.

I only know this from all the buzz on the PC Cricut msg board over new releases in the cartridges and other Provo stuff.

I think the original Cuttlebug or even other roller mechanism machines should be pretty safe WITH supervision. Kids would need help building the correct "sandwich" layers of paper, die, cutting mat. AND make sure they don't get goofy and try to roll their hands/fingers thru the machine.

OOPS! I read your post too fast the first time. At 9-14 your DGKids will have no problem with the regular size system.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both. Ginny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter uses the sidekick and she's 7. She used it last year, too, and didn't have too much trouble with it. I don't let her use the regular sizzix because I'm afraid she might squeeze her little fingers in there.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Cuttlebug and I would have no problem letting kids 9+ use it. It is pretty simple and I think they would learn the way to stack the paper etc. quite quickly.
    Judith

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ginny, my vote would be the cuttlebug. I love mine and it is so easy to use and not only can they not hurt themselves, but I think it would be hard to mess up the machine if they are supervised.
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much. I believe that it's going to be the Cuttlebug for sure. Ginny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 8 year old uses my Cricut, with my supervison of course, and the cuttlebug she used the sizzix before I gave it to my mom. THe cuttlebug is easier for her to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cuttlekid machine looks good. The dies are really cute. When I was looking at it online my son screamed in excitement when he spotted the dinosaurs (he's 3)

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]