Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just curious to see where everyone set up their space and what they like about where they are.
    I'm in the process of moving everything down from my bedroom's sitting room to a spare bedroom in the basement. Even though all of my stuff is not down there yet I started working in my new space. So far it's nice (on the weekends) because the kids can play in the play area in the basement while I work. Now the problem is that I've always worked on some things at night after they go to bed, in front of the TV in my bedroom, until I get tired. I can't do that anymore since my stuff isn't there. I'm not really sure what I should do. I like the space I've set up down there, it has a lot of worksurface and I have all my things set up within reach. Whereas before I had my cricut across the room on a dresser, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions or work the same way I do?
    I had two thoughts; either get a tv for the basement and try it at night or keep a set of basic supplies upstairs like adhesive, a mat, a trimmer and bring a started project up to work on with just the supplies I need for it.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Cass, setting up a new space that's great. I have moved my scrap space 5 times. This last one is the last. I started out with just two small plastic containers and have grown to a 13x15 room. Yikes!!! LOL
    I have scrapped watching TV but I can't seem to stay focused on the TV so thought what's the point? I do plan on putting a small flat screen tv in my new space in case there is something I want to watch or listen to and not leave what I'm working on.
    I always have the radio or cd's on can't seem to work in total silence.
    So guess the best would be to work what's best for you. Try both and see what you like. Maybe you don't always have to take the stuff upstairs to finish.
    Donna

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote by Frank Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, nice to have a whole room for your craft. I guess I need the TV cause I took half of the TV room and made that my craft area. I do have it on at times at night so I guess what I am saying is get a small TV for your room and then you can craft and watch/listen to TV when you want. I don't think I would like taking my stuff up and down all the time but that is me. Cause that is when I will need something that is down or up stairs. LOL
    Good luck.
    Diana
    Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the 3 bedrooms we have upstairs is a craft/computer room. I share this room with everyone because if they want to find me, that is where I am most of my free time. My DH generally sits in the recliner and my DS is on the computer and I am working at my scrap table. We do have a flat panel TV in the room which I have on but am not necessarily focused on it unless something catches my ear (and I don't want to listen to the sports either). My son's room is next door so if he doesn't like what is on TV he can go watch TV in his room. If my DH wants to watch sports - he can go downstairs and watch it!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it kind of makes sense to get a small tv down there. I have a really old one that I can use temporarily to see if it works out, but the sound is bad and the picture really isn't that good. I only have one wall of the room so I'm not really sure where I can even put it, but I bet I can squeeze it in somewhere. I hope I like the basement at night...still not sure about that part.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have a spare bedroom for my pc/scrap room. DH has his own pc & room and our son has his pc in his bedroom/toyroom (2 steps - no door to seperate them). I usually have the tv or cd on while I'm scrapping. If it's during the day, either a court show or something I have on DVR. But I have too many shows on in the evening not to have my tv on. Seems I like having something to do while in front of the tv. When I was growing up (pre & teenage years) I lived in my bedroom, had a tv & phone (not own number), cause my dad controlled the tv and he wasn't one to sit quietly and watch something. Even if you were halfway through a movie, he'd come in and change the channel. No if's, ands or buts about it.
    I would get a tv, I wouldn't want to be running up and down the stairs (even if I could) all the time.
    Lori
    When my memory goes....
    please help me find my
    Scrapbook.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my scrap area is the spare bedroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added an addition onto the back of the house over the winter. The exterior window that was there - we took out an d moved into the addition so I can sit back here, and still watch tv thru the opening or talk to the DH.
    But I enjoy turning on my Internet Radio and rocking while I am scrappin! i am still refining it but I just get such a good feeling when I come in - and thats only been a week now - I worked my tail off last Wed. before my friend from New Orleans came in Thursday - best work I have ever done! lol
    Janelle
    HAPPY SCRAPPIN'
    Janelle
    http://scrappinscrawcrow.blogspot.com/
    2010: 206 pages - 124 nns; 45 cards - 41 nns
    nns: No new scraps!
    4 best purchases: my lightbox, my Crop-a-dile, ATG, and my Sit-On-Top kayak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I'm in an extra bedroom that we made a sitting room/PC/scrap/Playstation 2/TV room. It has a sofa bed for guests. Right now DS is on the Playstation and I'm on the PC. I do not scrap here, it's the supply area.

As soon as I clean out the garage, one half of it will become my scrap room. I will have a TV with my satellite hook-up as we have music channels on it. But that will probably be next spring before we build it in. So I mostly scrap during my sessions at the Sr Center and the scrap nites at the church. I do my swaps in the breakfast room and the diningroom.

Now that I've made the decision to fix the planned craft area in the garage to a scrap area, I'm getting excited to get it finished.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a whole room to myself. I use the family room for my crafting/sewing room. I have my own fireplace too and huge windows so I can watch my DD swimming in the summer since the room is at the back of the house and off the kitchen. I have a great view! I can see the horses when they're in the front pasture, which is at the back of our back yard.