Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went on a shopping spree (and how!) in the "big" city, while we were there we stopped at the BIG JoAnn's and checked out the Sizzix section. OK, they only had the huge dies for the Big Kick or Big Shot machines (plus a scant few thin cuts). No more "regular" Sizzix die cuts. I'm looking at the Big Kick machine for my next cutter - but is this a "must"? Are all the regular/original Sizzix dies being replaced with only the "big" machine dies?

Anyone else notice this at JoAnn's (or anywhere else for that matter)?

confused and dazed - sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went on a shopping spree (and how!) in the "big" city, while we were there we stopped at the BIG JoAnn's and checked out the Sizzix section. OK, they only had the huge dies for the Big Kick or Big Shot machines (plus a scant few thin cuts). No more "regular" Sizzix die cuts. I'm looking at the Big Kick machine for my next cutter - but is this a "must"? Are all the regular/original Sizzix dies being replaced with only the "big" machine dies?

Anyone else notice this at JoAnn's (or anywhere else for that matter)?

confused and dazed - sam

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam,

I was at Joann's not too long ago and saw a variety of dies. They did have some new 'Originals' which can be used in the Sizzix, BigShot, and BigKick. But a lot of the new dies are created for the wider feed of the BigShot or BigKick (both are the same machine, different design). But all of the above can use the newer Thin Cuts plus the original Sizzlits.
    I own the original Sizzix but bought a BigShot for the wider feed. The BigShot or BigKick will except the size of a standard greeting card in their feed so you can easily use your dies to make window cards or emboss the fronts.
    The one thing I did notice on ALL of the new dies that it says right on the die itself which machine(s) it can be used with. I like that because it takes the guessing out of it when you are purchasing.
    "Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Flo! With either the Big Shot or the Big Kick is there a converter attachment for the thin dies, too? AND do they each have seperate cutting platforms that I'll have to replace eventually? any help is much, much appreciated.

sam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I'm BAD !!! I just picked up the Big Kick Starter Kit at JoAnn's online store -- it was on sale so I guess I'm still on a buying spree ---- Somebody Stop Me!

Thanks, Flo for your info.

sam

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Sam! I have the Big Shot which is the same size just different color.The best thing about these roller type machines is that you can use cuttlebug and quick kuts dies And embossing. With the thin dies you do need an adaptor but I think the kit comes with one.I bought a Big shot kit at an expo and LOVE it!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CONGRATS, SAM!!! Look at you go!! Have fun w/your new toys when it arrives.

I saw the BIGZ die at our Jos - there wasn't any 'original' sizzix dies though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok now I'm really BAD - I was feeling pretty good about my online purchase, it was on sale and free shipping that when I went to my local Jo's I glanced (OK ran) through the Sizzix aisle and they had the larger dies for the Big Kick (and Big Shot) all 40% off -- I bought all the flower dies they had. I have got to stop - I have got to stop - that's my new montra.

sam

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Sam you lucky girl. My "montra" is shop shop shop until your huband stops ya.

I cant wait to see all your LO using your new stuff.

Have lots and lots of fun playing.
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Sam. I've wanted that machine since CKC where I made a cool monogram "C" and embossed it with the paisley texture plate thing. I love the big monogram letters - here's a photo.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]