Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to post my review of both of these brands in case anyone is interested in buying either of these.
    I just tried both with a Zig Millenium .5 pen on regular paper.
    Chatterbox Doodle Genie is much sturdier, it comes with a double sided marker, and has holes to store it in a 3-ring binder. The Crafter's Workshop ones come in two sizes; 12x12 and 8 1/2x11.
    Because of the thicker plastic template the pen stayed in the Chatterbox template better. With the Crafter's Workshop template my pen kept slipping out and was more difficult to get around pointy areas. I imagine that because they are thinner the Crafter's Workshop templates would probably be better to use for chalk or ink and maybe paint than the CB templates. Chatterbox is a little less expensive; about $3.99 for the 8 1/2 x 11 Chatterbox and $4.99 for the same size in Crafter's Workshop ($5.99 for the 12 x 12). Also remember the the CB comes with a marker. It is also packaged better. CW basically has no packaging and the CB ones come in a plastic package with a paper insert with instructions.
    CW has some really cool designs.
    My opinion may change as I use them. This was my first impression and like I said I only tried with a pen so far.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to post my review of both of these brands in case anyone is interested in buying either of these.
    I just tried both with a Zig Millenium .5 pen on regular paper.
    Chatterbox Doodle Genie is much sturdier, it comes with a double sided marker, and has holes to store it in a 3-ring binder. The Crafter's Workshop ones come in two sizes; 12x12 and 8 1/2x11.
    Because of the thicker plastic template the pen stayed in the Chatterbox template better. With the Crafter's Workshop template my pen kept slipping out and was more difficult to get around pointy areas. I imagine that because they are thinner the Crafter's Workshop templates would probably be better to use for chalk or ink and maybe paint than the CB templates. Chatterbox is a little less expensive; about $3.99 for the 8 1/2 x 11 Chatterbox and $4.99 for the same size in Crafter's Workshop ($5.99 for the 12 x 12). Also remember the the CB comes with a marker. It is also packaged better. CW basically has no packaging and the CB ones come in a plastic package with a paper insert with instructions.
    CW has some really cool designs.
    My opinion may change as I use them. This was my first impression and like I said I only tried with a pen so far.

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, thanks for the info!! I really appreciate it, as you know, i've been covetting this lil thing for a while now.. I'm going to cut/paste this for my friend that has been wanting this also..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cass, thanks for sharing this with us. I have not ordered any as of yet cause I do not want anything to come while I am gone but I will order as soon as I get home. I will stay with the Chatterbox. I looked at the CW only because of cost but there isn't that much difference and I need user friendly.LOL

Diana
    Diana

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joann's has these on sale for <span class="ev_code_RED">$2.99</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see some layouts using template. Has anyone done any yet?

My Blog

2014 cards(4)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere that I think it was Memory Makers had and article in their March issue with ideas on using the CB doodle templates. I missed that issue and would love to see what it had to suggest. Can anyone scan that article and either post it or email it to me?