Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd loveto make some of these up to use later but have no idea where to start. How do you come up with the ideas for your kits and how do you store them once their made?
    pattycake
    ~~~~~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make them in "themes" things I know for sure there will be pics taken for birthdays, other holidays, trips to the lake. I also make them in colors I like and florals, I always seem to be able to find photos to go. I figure it has something to do with I use the same eye to pick clothing for myself and the family as I do to pick out papers. Does that make sense? If not do this test, look in your closet, look around your house, look through your paper stash. Do you see similarities? Now this doesn't always work sometimes I find myself gravitating to a paper because it's just SO different, but when I do that I know it so I make sure I match pics to that before I start. As for storing the kits I use those generations plastic folders with a flap some have string tie closures like interoffice envelopes but most of the new ones have a snap. Just a tip, I also make up kits of coordinating supplies to use for cardmaking. It makes it more fun for me to just grab a folder and go to work rather than have to hunt for stuff to match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also store them in the largest of the zip lock zipper bags. Then you can store those in the same type of place where you store your paper. You can use a marker to write on the outside of the zip lock to help you know what's in there, too.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tips Lori and Judy!

Diana
    Diana