Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!

I am back from a nice camping trip with the grand kids. We had two days of torrential rains and for one day, our tent was actually floating! Thanks goodness we put a tarp under the thing! But after that it was warn and the kids got to play in the shallow river and I got to fish!

Arriving home, we found that our air conditioning was not working. It stayed at 83 degrees in the house all night long!!! Today, we've discovered that our basement was flooded by the storm that apparently dropped 3 1/2 inches of rain in two hours (no wonder we had torrential rains in the mountains!!). Our neighbors had five inches of water in their basement. I don't know how much we had but the water that is still there is under our furnace and food storage area. So, I will not be back to gibitz with you all until I get everything evalauated and cleaned up and repaired!

What a way to finally get some rain after so many weeks of 100 degrees weather! With no air conditioning, today, we will have to sleep in the basement just to keep cool! So, I have to get it all sopped up! What a great alternative to going to the gym for excercise! Not!!!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone!

I am back from a nice camping trip with the grand kids. We had two days of torrential rains and for one day, our tent was actually floating! Thanks goodness we put a tarp under the thing! But after that it was warn and the kids got to play in the shallow river and I got to fish!

Arriving home, we found that our air conditioning was not working. It stayed at 83 degrees in the house all night long!!! Today, we've discovered that our basement was flooded by the storm that apparently dropped 3 1/2 inches of rain in two hours (no wonder we had torrential rains in the mountains!!). Our neighbors had five inches of water in their basement. I don't know how much we had but the water that is still there is under our furnace and food storage area. So, I will not be back to gibitz with you all until I get everything evalauated and cleaned up and repaired!

What a way to finally get some rain after so many weeks of 100 degrees weather! With no air conditioning, today, we will have to sleep in the basement just to keep cool! So, I have to get it all sopped up! What a great alternative to going to the gym for excercise! Not!!!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my Gosh !! What a horrible thing to have happen. I hope things get back to normal for you soon and it's not too costly. My thoughts and prayers are with you, if I lived a little closer to you I would come and help. Take care,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no Judy - what an awful mess to come home to. My prayers and thoughts are with him. If I was near you I would come help you bail.
    bonnie

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I am so sorry to hear all that has happened, I hope it did not do too much damage other than cosmetic, and that the a/c problem will be quickly and cheaply fixed!! hang in there :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my! What a thing to come home too! I hope you get everything resolved fairly quickly. I guess it does give you one more thing to scrap at the end of that album, doesn't it? LOL
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I'm guessing you aren't aroung right now to read this...I'm really sorry to hear about your problem. What a terrible way to end a vacation!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awful! Just be sure over the coming weeks that a mold situation doesn't develop. Very unhealthy stuff!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really soooo sorry for you. Hope you have fans to keep you cool and help to evaporate some of the water and deter the mold. Will say a prayer for you.
    Marsha
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear your vacation and coming home was not the best. Hope everything goes well for you and try to stay cool.

Diana
    Diana