Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ladies. I think I want to make an altered clipboard for my classroom. I need help. After I get it decorated the way I want, how do I protect it? What do you put on it so that the paper and stuff does not tear?

I also want to make something that my students can just take and use as a hall pass. That will get a lot of touching and use. I have never attempted to alter anything.

Thanks for your help.
    Barb K

porud mommy to Timmy (11) and Alex (7)

Senior Scrapper Penster (pjwlee)'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get small size clip boards and then decorate and the uss decopage medium to protect it.
    Penny(pjwlee)
    penster
    "Always shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars!!!"
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world. " Ghandi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm decopage is the only thing I can think of too. Mine was a photo holder so I didn't put anything on it to protect it. Just don't use too much lumpy stuff I guess.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my clipboard. I have used it everyday at school for the last year and it still is holding up fine. I used Royal Coat as the adhesive and for the sealer (got it at Hobby Lobby) instead of ModgePodge on mine.

Front (The side the clip thingie is on):
    http://picasaweb.google.com/billcwh1/KarenScrapbookPage...#5088555625485366210

Back:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/billcwh1/KarenScrapbookPage...#5088555595420595122

I painted it first with some plain white primer. You probably can tell on the back view (at the top) it is just paint with a diecut on top.

I also made sure my paper was too big for the clipboard and trimmed it after it dried.

I think that the more coats of sealer you put on the better it will be protected. Just be sure to let them dry completely between coats.

As far as the hall pass, I would do the same thing. You can even use a BIG piece of well sanded wood and drill a hole for a ribbon, rope or chain to hang in your classroom.

Hope this helps.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I'll have to look for that stuff Karen - we have no Hobby Lobby. I love your clip board - I have some cool papers that I could use.
    Barb K

porud mommy to Timmy (11) and Alex (7)