Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered quite a few pages from the Hawaiian website and when it came, I thought they were extremely clever to use one of the large priority boxes. They flattened it out and put the paper inside, then taped the top and bottom. Well, it was clever, except that the paper slid down and stuck in the glue that normally is used to close the end of the box. The top six pages stuck to it, and tore about 1/2 trying to get them unstuck, then something heavy had been thrown on top of the box in shipping so all 75 pages has a crease about 2 in long in the middle right side of every page. I can salvage those by covering them with a picture, but that might not have been where I wanted to put my pictures if I had a choice. so, if you are ever thinking about shipping paper that way, please be sure and stuff styrofoam or crumpled up paper in the top and bottom and put some heavy cardboard on each side so the paper does not get ruined. 75 pages at 99 cents each was an expensive lesson. I emailed them but have not recd a response yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact the company. I have had things damaged in shipping and all of the vendors that I have used have sent me new merchandise and told me to keep the damaged stuff.

What a shame. I know how frustrating it is to wait to get something and then have it damaged.

Good Luck!!! Besides the worst thing that can happen is that they don't replace the stuff and then let us all know and we won't buy from them..
    Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definately contact the company and by phone!!! I think they should replace your paper, especially sending $75.00 worth of paper!! Yaknow?

good luck!! and i'm sorry this happened to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By all means, call them!!
    ~Jenna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everyone else, contact the company I'm sure they will want to make things right. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the box still, open it up and TAKE PICTURES OF THE PAPER AND THE PIECES STUCK TO THE BOX!! They need to know NOT to repeat that mistake AND they should send you out free replacements of the papers that were damaged by sticking.

They probably won't replace those with a crease since that was probably PO mishandling. Good luck. What a shame for that to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, I would expect them to replace all the paper that was damaged. If they had packaged it correctly it would not have gotten creased. Maybe they had a new employee packing that day who wasn't aware of the proper way to package paper. Either way, how very disappointing for you . I hope that they replace all your paper.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not see a link to the website or company name. It may be good to post so that others can watch to see if they have the same problem or maybe think twice before ordering if they don't do something to make things better.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, they emailed me back and offered to refund my money, or send new paper, whatever I decide. Now that I am feeling good about them, I will tell you their website is

http://www.islandpaperie.com/

The selection is great and now I know they stand behind what they sell.

I still think using the box that way is a great idea, provided you protect all 4 sides.

Doobie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear the good news!

Thanks for sharing the site, there are indeed pretty papers there.