Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_RED">You don't have to be an expert, in fact you don't have to ever have done this before. This is a learning/experimenting have fun swap! The way I look at it is this, if you put color on paper it's beautiful no matter what! Please come play!!!</span>

Make your own decorative paper swap with inexpensive paper and anything else you think of to add to it. (See some ideas below)

Due date would be April 30

This swap idea came out of all the playing umm I mean experimenting that I do with different techniques. For each group you sign up for you would take one purchasesed 12x12 sheet of cardstock for each person in the group and then cut it into 4 6x6 pieces so that it will mail easier and less expensive. You can then put these back together to use as a background sheet or you can cut them down to use as photo mounts, card fronts whatever you desire! The following are some technique ideas that I have come up with off the top of my head it is by no means limitless. Tell me what you are thinking of and I will add to the list.

Bleach
    Glazes
    Alcohol Ink
    Chalk
    Resist Techniques
    Painted
    Faux Mosaic
    Stamped
    PearlEX
    Okay I am going to leave my typo up so you all can enjoy it
    Twinkling Ho's
    what I actually meant was
    Twinkling H2O's
    Texture plate techniques
    Glitter
    Dimensional paints (Applique, fabric paint,Papier glaze)

Thought of a new one

Color wash (you can make these by taking liquid rit dye and diluting with water, put in a small spray bottle)

Group 1
    1)Hostess
    2)Mommaidwf
    3)Ziggy
    4)Papertrails

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_RED">You don't have to be an expert, in fact you don't have to ever have done this before. This is a learning/experimenting have fun swap! The way I look at it is this, if you put color on paper it's beautiful no matter what! Please come play!!!</span>

Make your own decorative paper swap with inexpensive paper and anything else you think of to add to it. (See some ideas below)

Due date would be April 30

This swap idea came out of all the playing umm I mean experimenting that I do with different techniques. For each group you sign up for you would take one purchasesed 12x12 sheet of cardstock for each person in the group and then cut it into 4 6x6 pieces so that it will mail easier and less expensive. You can then put these back together to use as a background sheet or you can cut them down to use as photo mounts, card fronts whatever you desire! The following are some technique ideas that I have come up with off the top of my head it is by no means limitless. Tell me what you are thinking of and I will add to the list.

Bleach
    Glazes
    Alcohol Ink
    Chalk
    Resist Techniques
    Painted
    Faux Mosaic
    Stamped
    PearlEX
    Okay I am going to leave my typo up so you all can enjoy it
    Twinkling Ho's
    what I actually meant was
    Twinkling H2O's
    Texture plate techniques
    Glitter
    Dimensional paints (Applique, fabric paint,Papier glaze)

Thought of a new one

Color wash (you can make these by taking liquid rit dye and diluting with water, put in a small spray bottle)

Group 1
    1)Hostess
    2)Mommaidwf
    3)Ziggy
    4)Papertrails

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right Lori. I'll give this a shot. Do I need to tell you which technique? Or is it supposed to be a surprise?
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm I guess tell a technique so no one duplicates?

Lets see I know I don't have glossy paper to do the alchol or the resist.

Hmm emboss and chalk I've got a fiskars embosser that I haven't used in a while.

Do the pizza boxes cost more to send the paper than a envie that fits 6X6? I like the pizza boxes because I feel they don't get bent as easy but whatever is cheepest

Did everyone see the new forever postage? If you buy it no matter how much the cost of postage goes up they can still be used. Stamps are now going up to .41! All the darn e-mail out there is making them lose money :-P Yeah right what about all this stuff we send, doesn't that count?!!

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't have to tell me the techniqe even if someone chooses the same technique, between the paper, color choices etc. they would still be different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pizza box costs quite a bit more for shipping

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok then. I knew I had just sent one I couldn't remember what I paid. Oh I think it was about 6 stamps. and that was with 7 easter eggs.

Allrighty then I'll look through paper, is this supposed to be cardstock or can it be the thinner stuff like what's in the diecuts with a view thing?

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thinner is okay, whatever is needed for your technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ziggyeor:
    Yeah right what about all this stuff we send, doesn't that count?!!
    Ziggy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ziggy, you are TOO funny!!

~Jenna
    ~Jenna

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesn't anyone else want to give this a go? You don't have to be an expert, in fact you don't have to ever have done this before. This is a learning/experimenting have fun swap! The way I look at it is this, if you put color on paper it's beautiful no matter what! Please come play!!!