Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There, I said it. I guess you can call me a closet scrapper. I do the normal guy stuff; fish, watch sports, drink beer, hang out with the guys, etc... But, none of my friends know that I create some great looking scrapbooks.

One time I had a buddy over to the house and he saw a book I made sitting on the table. Curious, he picked it up and looked through it. He did not say anything, he just kinda made these little grunting sounds when something he saw was interesting. I did not tell him that I made it, especially after he said "your wife does good work, I shouuld have her teach my wife".

I enjoy scrapbooking. I enjoy the quiet time when everyone is asleep, picking through photos of the family and putting together me little masterpieces. I love the look on my wife's face when she wakes up one morning and sees my final creation.

Funny thing is that my wife is not into doing scrapbooks at all. I guess she feels that if I do it for her, why should she spend the time to do a book. Maybe it is because she knows that when it comes to making a scrapbook I would kick her butt

Well, I am glad I found this site. Good night.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so glad you came here. Thats great that you got to share your story with us. My husband won't even tell people that he gave me an idea for a page. He was all in to it at first i would ask him about pages and he would give me different ideas. I am here to say guys are alot more crafty then they give themselves crdit for. I hope I can have the chance to learn from you.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were you I d take credit for my work. You should be proud! Look at Tim Holz and what he has done for the scrapbooking industry. We had a guy on a board I m on and he does fantastic work and has been published. So show off your stuff. I think its great to see the guys scrapbook! Sherry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That is so cool! I get my husband to help me. He is in the painting business and just has good taste all around. But I don't think he'd ever admit that to his friends either! Nice to meet you! Happy Scrapping!
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is nice outside the closet....I think there a lot of guys that have an interest, but are worried about social understanding. Way to go on taking the first step. I think it has theraputic value...makes me appreciate my life and children a lot more.

Kudos to you!

Jennifer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to get my husband to try a page. He has great ideas and suggestions and seems pretty interested in it.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think scrapbooking is a fun hobby for male or female. I am sure there are more women than men enjoying this hobby. But, I can see more and more men joining in on the fun.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's great that you s/b. Don't really understand why it's stereotyped. To me it's like picking a color for a room, painting and picking out the frames for the pics and then arranging them creatively. You just have it portable...

Glad to have you on the board!

Sherri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Sherri about not understanding why there is such a steriotype around scrapbooking. But rumor has it that there are a lot of men out there doing it. I think there should be a special site or thread so you all could met each other and realise it is ok to be crafty. Then maybe you wouldn't feel shy about it.

Thanks for coming out.

Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its great you scrapbook. Enjoy your hobby and be proud it was your album that was done.