Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 2280 of 2480 FirstFirst ... 1280178021802230227022782279228022812282229023302380 ... LastLast
Results 22,791 to 22,800 of 24800
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning!
    Have the house to myself and enjoying my first cup of coffee. We dropped off my car for service with the spare keys last night and I'm just realizing now that I don't have the kids' car key hanging up. Hopefully I'll find it in one of their rooms so I can get to the gym and for groceries. Yesterday was a good day and we have a very busy week this week with new patients starting. I got home late and did some damage with cyber monday deals. DS sent me a link as to what he wanted so I got him just those things. I will probably fill his stocking with a couple of gift cards. I also got a couple of things for DD. I've made good progress and will wrap things as I go... just like @marshapeck !

Cyndi, great that you had your cards done early in the year! LuAnn's thread motivated you! I ordered our cards from Snapfish with pics from the summer. I wanted to get them out this year. I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. That's one tradition I do not wish to let go of. Someday, I'll make my cards like you do... when my kids are not cute anymore, LOL!
    I am afraid to upgrade to Windows 10 also. DS is loving his Mac... that's gonna be my next computer.

Clarinda, nice that you had a long weekend and did you ever pack a lot into it! The gingerbread houses came out great! I love all the different interpretations. I see your MIL(?) in the pic next to you and how happy she looks.
    Love Kara's little onesie! Glad you got some grandbaby lovin'... now go back to work so you can rest!

LuAnn, Got DD's card! I'm glad she liked the earrings. Wow, on the boots! You hottie you! I've only been ambitious b/c it's been years since I did any major cleanings. Cannot wait to get the downstairs finished! I'll be here when you text and call you. I just need to be walked through getting the files you sent me into the program. I did it the first time but don't remember how.
    Good luck with the xrays.

Susan, Wow, did you get a lot done! It's a big job to decorate! You sound excited about the family visit coming.
    Glad you are winning the flea war! My cat got them and she was an indoor cat! I think she got them from a common hall that we shared with other tenants and their cat. Had to flea bomb my whole apartment and the hallway.
    I won't pull out the Christmas boxes til Friday night and decorate then or Saturday. I also want to start wrapping. I'm excited that I'm getting so much done so early! With hosting the holiday, I'd like to go into it more relaxed.

So I messaged Karen (Ques Mom) about posting her new dog's picture. As soon as I get the okay, I will.
    Have a good one all!

finished coffee
    need to check my to do list
    need to look for keys
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning!

Susan... I found that with doing a month long post that there are days you might not have time... So fudge a little. I set tree up in stages so you could have took picture of set up than lights then decorating! Lol. Then you could get more done n ready for post! I did good till the week before thanksgiving! Lol. But got so many card made I too might have enought to mail as I have cut down my list! I used to send to everyone in the church but we've grown so much n don't know so many that I'm just doing ones we know! Lol. Wow I got exhausted reading about your day! You packed in a bunch! Glad to see your feeling good again!

Maria... Glad work is going good... That's what my fil would call job security! Lol. Great going on getting so much shopping done! I was gong to cyber shop then ran out of time n energy! Lol. Yes wrap as they arrive n if it was me make a list as you o... I would forget! Lol yep that her... I think she did enjoy it! I was so pleased the dads helped the boys! A great time!

Lulu... WTG on encouraging Maria n sending files so she will use that silhouette! I think that's why so many end up leaving it in the box... No one to ask questions etc or to play with it with! You will love art projects you can do with it! If you don't tell any one I have a vinyl place that you (all you ladies) can buy from n just change shipping address! They charge $10 shipping for 1 or 20... So the more the merrier! Lol. I get over night but some places it may take longer. At my cost I think most reg is $1 a foot by 15' I get this size it the same cost as 12 wide n figure those who buy get a few inches extra to practice cuts or long words etc! I've had some good day with sales from vinyl! I've also made some projects lately I'll post!

Cindi... Hummm with dh not having a place to hunt I should tell him I know where there are some! I could come stay in hotel . Shop. Visit, take a break from here! Lol. It about as far as he used to go... No ladies were allowed in camp at night I was going to go stay in an old hotel but never did! Lol. Well did you get all your cards addressed!

Marsha... WTG on getting so much shopping done! So sweet on getting so many little things for friends your such a giver! My dd n dil found two new outlet malls up there! I need to see when the stamping convention n plan on coming! I need to see the new you! Lol. If I'm coming I need the dates now! Lol last year something came up! This way I can say its been on the callendar!! Although most of our stuff is last minute lol!

Oh I think it would be great (yes even for the ones who don't travel much ... Cindi) if we all got a reunion together n met up in CA when Susan was here!! If she is going to be here long enough n it wouldn't interfere with taking her away from family! Depending where she is I might bring dh ... I've always wanted to see the redwoods! Ok dreaming here but I might be able to swing it if I plan n save now! Lol

Yesterday was busy getting caught up with statements finished n sent! Catching up wth dd from her trip! Oh dh came in yesterday afternoon n said he canceled our business trip wed-Friday so not so pushed up but now I will have to make shopping trips because I was planning on getting it all done! Lol need to take care of decorating boxes because cleaning lady comes tomorrow! But need to do more decorating so I won't have to hunt for these boxes again! Lol

Well I'm lae so eed to go to work! Have a good one!

Clarinda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi... Just found something on here... It say it makes the words larger! But not when I'm typing... Guess I still have to dray with my fingers lol!

Well n after posting it didn't look larger to me what about on your end?

After all these years o looked around n figured out how to add my signature with out me having to type it every timeM lol
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Everyone. A lot more rain last night and early this morning but I think it is suppose to move out of here by this afternoon.

Feel like I am playing catch up here with a couple of you already having your decorations out and up. I did get out to the work
    shop this morning and brought all of my decorations in and have them stacked up and ready to start decorating with.

Going to make sure that I dust good first...lol

LuAnn - It sounds like you had a pretty good shopping trip for yourself yesterday. Are all of the boots like dressy or for doing your
    walking in outside too? That is kind of how I think that the windows 10 will be also.

Clarinda- Great on getting the yard cleaned up good even with the little ones helping....You did really good on getting the tree and
    decorations up already. Looks like now you can just plan a shopping day...lol Did it turn off a lot cooler at your house after this system
    went thru? It did here

Susan - Glad that your brother was able to do the windows 10 for you so no problem, that is great. You did good on getting your
    decorations out too, feeling behind here...lol

Maria- Nice to have the house to yourself for a little bit this morning. Hope that the keys are in one of the kids room so that you can
    get your shopping done. Sounds like you made a bit of a dent in your christmas shopping also.

drinking coffee
    looking outside
    still raining
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ladies. It's been raining today. I'm getting pretty tired of the rain; I didn't have my after-dinner walk. It seems to be coming a bad habit for me. But I had to put my jeans and jacket in the dryer in order to walk; once I had them on and took a look outside, it was raining pretty hard again. I hope it clears up again soon but I think we have more rain tomorrow.
    Talked with Maria this afternoon. I had such good intentions of doing something after our talk - she was talking about all the work and cleaning she was doing. I took a nap.

Susan, you are so good getting your tree and other decorations out already. Good job getting pictures for your daily journal. I know you are used to it and it's normal to you but I just can't wrap my head around getting ready for Christmas when it's hot. I hope you get a cool spell soon. How's hubby doing?

Maria, it was good chatting with you. I hope you are able to find the car keys soon. Or will you have to wait till whoever has them to come home during Christmas break?

Clarinda, your typing is just the same size as everyone else's. Thanks for the offer on vinyl but I haven't tried it yet so I'll keep it in mind. I have a starter kit from SIL; I just haven't had the courage to try it. I know everyone says it's nothing but I'm still nervous. I'd like to get into the heat transfer stuff too. I have the glass etching kit too. I want to get into that too but I've had that set for over two years.

Cyndi, that is a big obstacle to decorating for the holidays - getting everything cleaned and well dusted. It's one of the reasons I haven't decorated for Thanksgiving this year like I usually do. We just have the outside stuff done so far. Next week will be early dismissal so I think I'll have the neighbor kindergartner girl start my decorating like I had her do for Halloween. She seemed to enjoy it and it kept her busy for the few minutes I had her.

I still haven't pulled out my blanket. Is that a big surprise? I have it sitting next to my chair so I really have no excuse. Except now I also have all my LOs so I can plan on what I want to do to finish them with the cameo. I wonder if I'll actually get to one of the projects tonight?

drinking hot cocoa
    snuggled under my afghan
    listening to DS's video game (zombies eating brains - ick)
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. It's muggy again today and we are expecting thunderstorms, right when I have to go out to the skin dr. Wouldn't you know. DH has already been out and about today getting the car serviced as we will be traveling at Christmas/New Year (to see family up north) and he also did some grocery shopping. Oops there was some thunder. The dogs are going crazy! Lol! <pause> I just tied some scarves around them to act as thunder shirts. I'll see if it works to help calm them down. Lol! Guess the thundershowers are early.

Cyndi, you are not behind I didn't dust. Ha ha! I vacuumed and need to dust. I'd love to see all of your Christmas trees and decorations. Maybe I will start a thread about that.

Clarinda, no, the font you used was not any larger. Funny how changing font size is an option but it doesn't seem to make a difference? That's a good idea about fudging a little on the month long posts. I did a post for my December Daily yesterday and did take your advice. I had a pic of hubby pulling everything out yesterday (with no shirt on! Lol! It was hot!) and today I am going to scrap a pic of our completed tree

Ooo, here comes the rain!

Clarinda, I love the idea of us all trying to get together in Ca. I have no idea how that would be possible for you all, or how we could meet together as I won't have a place of my own, but I love thinking we could. Maybe we will also get to drive to Arkansas! I sure want to see my cousin out there. She was also talking about driving out to Ca. So much to decide and set in place!

Maria, how nice to have the house to yourself awhile, and to get all that shopping done. Yes, I am excited abotu seeing everyone at Christmas/New Year. We are going to see everyone but not on Christmas Day. We're going to travel a lot as well as have people here. It's going to be a month of fun. Wow that your cat was able to get fleas without even going out. It has happened to a gf who had no pets too. Her house got inundated with fleas somehow, and she was mortified. I guess it is not possible to control little critters like fleas till you know they are there. I sure made sure i got rid of the ones on my friend's dog. They are terrible to have around. ANd the dogs are so uncomfortable with them.

The thunder shorts aren't working. Lol! The barking is continuing with each clap of thunder.

Better get ready for the day
    Might go post a Christmas decoration thread
    Just took the scarves off the dogs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed posting and reading posts yesterday, and wow am I behind. I spent yesterday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m playing Cyber Monday at the computer, except for an hour break for dinner. I've already had one of my purchases backfire, as I duplicated my TX kids' gift for my grandson. Now I have to send mine back because they bought theirs in Austin at the Lego Store. I bought mine on Amazon. Not happy about that. But I did get 90% of my shopping done, and saved a significant amount, making my efforts worth it. I probably did my best saving at Kohl's and even picked up some Kohl's Cash.

One of my successes...Hubby's cousin and her family live in NJ, and she has sent gifts to our grandchildren since they were born. Now she is a grandmother, and it's time for us to do the same for him. But the mom and dad are quite pretentious, and her overbearing mil buys the child everything any child could want. I racked my brain for what to get the child who has everything. (Last year when he was a few months old, I sent him a Vermont Teddy Bear.) Well, Monday, I was watching the Today Show, and they had a story about a picture that was taken by Duchess Kate of her baby girl. In the pic was a floppy stuffed dog, and the Today Show was flooded with requests about where they could get a dog like that. Turns out the dog's name is Fuddlewuddle, so I googled it and found that it comes from an independent Massachusetts store called Magic Beans. Guess what little Johnny is getting for Christmas. I feel good about that one. Just hope the mil didn't watch the Today Show.

I also had to buy two birthday gifts. Hubby's birthday was today, and my dil's birthday is Dec. 19. So I texted her to see if she had any birthday ideas for me. (This is when I found out she had bought my grandson the exact Xbox 360 Lego Dimensions starter set I had bought him.) Well, she said her birthday wish was not sexy but she was in need of kitchen towels and pot holders, then steered me to Kate Spade for the kitschy cute towels. Yikes! Those suckers cost $10 per towel!!! The oven mitts were $15, and the aprons were $30. It was after 8 p.m. when I got her text, so I rushed to Cyber shop for a bargain. She had actually told me that Macy carried them, I found that many of the higher end stores carried them, and they were all priced the same. So I went looking for the best Cyber deal, and a store that would gift wrap and send. The Kate Spade store offered a 30% coupon, and would gift wrap. I had problems with the website, so called the NY store that was just about to close. I got the sweetest young lady, who worked so hard to please. But I found out that I would have to buy a separate gift box at $6 each for each item for a total of $30, which was the amount I was saving with the coupon. I used my best persuasion skills to suggest that the two towels I was buying could be boxed as one, the two oven mitts boxed as one and the apron boxed by itself, but she said she couldn't change it because the boxes were so small. She really wanted to help me, so she went to her manager and got permission to give me free overnight shipping to my address, so I could wrap the gifts and ship them myself. I hate to have to do the extra work and pay for the postage to ship to dil, but I want my gifts wrapped beautifully, so I agree. I was on the phone over an hour working through all this. So today when I was shopping at Big Lots, I found Dan River pot holders and over mitts to add to my gift. Now I'm wondering if I should just keep her presents and give them to her when she's here for Christmas, like I always do. I wanted to surprise her on her birthday, but I don't think it's worth the time or money to ship them.

Sorry for telling these long tales, but it's what's happening here. lol

BTW, hubby took a really bad fall today and bruised his ribs and sustained deep cuts to his legs and arms. He's been icing the ribs, but can barely walk. Of course, he wouldn't let me take him to the ER. If he's not better tomorrow, he's going.

Susan, your trip sounds wonderful. Hope DH's health holds out for it. Kudos for getting the decorating done in one day. I'm so sorry you are suffering so much from the heat. It makes me prickly just to hear how hot it is for you. Are you still keeping your doggy's brother. You've had him so long, you might not want to give him back? Will they keep your baby when you travel?

Clarinda, I loved the pics of the gb houses. You sure had a house full of company, and they all looked like they were into the fun project. About the new me, I went to Cracker Barrel this morning for a birthday breakfast for Bill and bought two Christmas sweatshirts, well actually winter with snowflakes on one and a snowman on the other, so I can wear them after Christmas. I meant to buy the size I'm wearing, but accidentally picked up one shirt that was a size smaller, and it fit me! Yes, I want to see you, too. I hope we can work it out.

Maria, you cleaning fanatic. lol I hate to clean, but I love to have cleaned. Hope you get to enjoy your efforts for a long time. I don't have my decorations up either. I have to rely on my son and was hoping he would help me bring stuff from the shed tonight, but he cut his finger at work and was in pain. I hope I get things up in time to enjoy my tree before it's time to take it down. I find I can't give my house a good company clean until the decoration mess is cleaned up and the storage containers are back in the shed. I just heard about Karen selling all her chickens and moving. Do you know where they moved? Is her sil now in a nursing home? Her new furry baby is adorable. I'm sure she won't mind you re-posting her FB pic, but it's nice that you asked.

Cyndi, I have Windows 10 and find it easy to use. It has a lot of bells and whistles that I haven't explored, but I had no real learning time to get up and running. I like it much better than Windows 8. I got mine free with a promotion. I advise to go ahead and upgrade. We had our first dry day since early last week. The news said we got 4 inches of rain. Hope you get a dry day tomorrow. This year I sent a beautiful animated ecard to my friends and family. Is that tacky? I would have sent one to you if I had your email address. Which reminds me that anyone who doesn't mind sharing, I would love to have your email. PM me.

LuAnn, lol on taking a nap after talking to Maria. Her hard work wore you out just talking about it. You are going to start being called Kinky Boots with your new collection. Remember the Nancy Sinatra song "These boots were made for walking." I hope at least one pair was made for walking. I see the over-the-knee boots worn with bluejeans tucked into the jeans. It's a nice look. What did DH say about them -- hubba-hubba?

Way past my bedtime.
    Hope everyone has a dry day tomorrow, and Susan has a cooler day.
    Think I'll watch a little TV to help me chill before bedtime.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the looooooong post.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning!
    Chatty bunch here this morning and I love it!

Marsha, I wish I were a cleaning fanatic but all I am trying to do is get the dust I see! Forget what is lurking in corners and under furniture. Plus, i'm really just trying to get organized before I start school. I want everything to have a place. Right now it's a free for all and I am the one expected to find everything. Ouch on DH's fall and injuries! I hope he feels better and if not, you know what to do. Good for you on the cyber shopping but what a process it was! Glad you outsmarted hubby's cousin.

Susan, Hope the thunderstorm passed before you had to go out. Poor dogs! Love the Christmas dec thread you started. I put a couple of things out yesterday that were not in storage. I am looking forward to putting things out.

LuAnn, thanks for walking me through getting the files into the program. I went online after and grabbed a free one off of another site and it worked. I will make something other than letters. I still want to make the title for DS's prom LO. I bought the glitter paper and just need to size it out and do it. After talking w/you, I took Jazzie out to play and ended up going for a walk in the rain. We both needed it. Came back in to work on more online training for the heart device and got hung up on something stupid and only got thru 1/3 of it. Had DH pick up chinese take out while I straightened out my mess from the day.

Cyndi, Getting the boxes from the work shop is a start. I'm in the mood to decorate but no time till the weekend. I will make DH get the boxes for me. I did enjoy the quiet day at home. Neither kid knew where the key was. DS keeps losing them. I got them when we picked up my car from service.

Clarinda, love that you are California Dreamin'! Also Tennessee Dreamin'! look out, we all may get a bus and come to Arkansas!
    Love the cards you made.

Well, gotta run. With the rain today, the drive may be rough. More tonight?

drinking coffee
    wish I could stay home again
    rain, rain, go away
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Everyone. I think that our rain has finally left but it is still pretty gloomy looking outside and a bit cooler. Got all of my
    dusting done and got my decorations put out. All I like is decorating the small tree that I have, wondering where I put that
    gingerbread garland (paper one that I did for one of LuAnn's threads) that I made to go on it.

LuAnn- Good idea to have the little neighbor girl start the decorating for you. I think that the last of this rain may be headed
    your way and then some clearer days like us maybe. You will pull the blanket out as it gets colder...lol

Susan - Hmmm, I dusted but didn't vacumn when I did mine....lol I wondered how you were going to see family, was thinking
    that your motor home would not be ready yet.

Would have been neat if the scarfs had of worked for thunder shirts. Sounds like with the thunder and the barking that it is pretty
    noisy at your house.

Marsha - Wow you really did some marathon shopping but it does sound like you got some good bargains and just what you were
    looking for with a lot of the gifts. With your DIL's birthday so close to the time that they come to your house anyway i think that
    I would save her gifts for when she gets there.

Hope that DH is feeling a bit better today after his fall. And I enjoyed your long post....

Maria - Hope that your drive into work goes better that you expect it to. Yikes on DS losing the keys so often. Finger crossed that
    you will get to decorate some this weekend.

drinking coffee
    looking outside
    need to get busy
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.