Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 2080 of 2480 FirstFirst ... 1080158019802030207020782079208020812082209021302180 ... LastLast
Results 20,791 to 20,800 of 24800
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checking in real quick. I am now on day 6 of this cold/virus and no relief in sight, so I have a doctor's apt this afternoon. A lot of times, they don't do anything for viruses, but this is going on too long now. I just hate having to get in the car while exhausted to go to the doctor. yuk. It also has messed up with my fibro and sleep. So, it's time. I will try to catch up later tonight or tomorrow.

And I am bummed I am missing water aerobics too.
    Karen.... Gramma to Miss Lillyanna Emilee and Zachariah Lee ♥♥♥

http://kray-becomingabigtimescrapper.blogspot.com

Tally for 2015
    Cards:
    Layouts:
    Other:
    Altered items:

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening. We had the furnace salesman come today and he gave us a quote. DH wants to do this but I am unsure how we can swing it right now. We could do it if we could get rid of our camper payment but I don't think he wants to give that up.
    I had to cut my gym time short and I haven't worked on my legs for quite a while. I'm going to have to try to squeeze that in tomorrow after PT. We didn't go out to eat for lunch. I usually don't eat lunch and he wasn't hungry.

Kray, I hope you start feeling better in time for your cruise.

Cyndi, I never had lightening make the phone ring. How strange. Glad nothing was damaged. I bet that was a worry all night. How did Brownie Pie handle all that? I did get lots of improvement when I first started PT but it just kind of stopped. I'm wondering if the doctor can give me another injection or if it's too soon after my others?

Maria, how did the appointment go with your podiatrist? I hate how days off aren't days off. Glad that you have your drain finished.

Hi Clarinda. Just jump in when you can. Less than a month till election time.

Susan, yes you have lots of little things eating at you but you do seem to have a good attitude about it all. When did you find out about the new grandbaby news? Congrats! Glad your check up went well.

tired
    waiting for bedtime
    thinking I should finish working on LOs
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone. Thanks for your kind words about my family situation. I know we'll get through it. On another note, the insurance company has decided to total my car, which has had me upset. We did find a new 2014 Chevy Equinox which is the same color and has the same features as ours, which is a 2013. The only difference is that it does not have the fancy wheels and takes 17 inch tires, rather than the 18 inch on our current car. That would actually save us about $70 per tires when it comes time to replace them. We only bought the fancy ones because they came with the car. We also found a used car the same year, color, features and mileage as our car now. We could probably get it for about the same price as the Blue Book on our car, but I think we'll probably go for the year newer car.

The shopping trip with dad went as well as it ever does. I tried to talk him out of going when I saw how weak he still is, but he made a fuss. So we had a deal that if at any time during the trip I saw him wearing down, we would stop and go home. The only time he had to walk was at the restaurant, and I let him out at the door, so it wasn't much walking. My sister went in at each stop and brought the electric scooter to the car, and then he rode it to the car when he left the store. Still, he was pretty worn out by the time he got home. I was able to help him pick out foods that would keep him at his daily allowance of salt, and I think he'll be happy with what we bought. I got to see his nurse, who was there when I got to his house to take him shopping. She said he hasn't lost anymore swelling, but he is holding at the level he was when he came home from the hospital. That may be all we can expect. I'm taking him to his primary care giver tomorrow.

I took Jane to lunch today. She was so happy to get out. She asked me if I would take her to her house after lunch so she could sit in her yard, and I gently explained that I wasn't comfortable with that because her husband trusted me to take her only where I had told him we'd go. She asked twice, but I could tell she had forgotten she had asked the first time. She said she wouldn't ask me to do anything I wasn't comfortable doing. I was glad she dropped it. It was a pleasant lunch, but I can see she is mentally slipping. I can't help but wonder if it's because of her stifling environment. She gets very little stimulation there. She's good about keeping herself busy, but she can only do so much.

Well, we are expecting company in a few minutes, so I'll stop and post more later.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning!
    We are getting a good rainstorm this morning so I'll have to leave early for work as I know traffic will be bad. I got most things checked off my list. The Dr's appts went well overall. The podiatrist gave me 2 prescription anti-inflammatory meds to try. He said if that did not work, he would recommend the bunionectomy. I'll need to hold off as long as I can on that. Went to see my Dad and I am sad. He is getting lost in there without stimulation. He does not do anything for himself and does not realize he should try. I don't know what to do, I don't see him going home from there. I am going to call the physical therapist today to see if I can get him to help me nag him. He is still having trouble that he needs to be near the bathroom, so he cannot stray far from his room. None of his "friends" are coming to see him as they are afraid to catch something in the nursing home. He used to go visit everyone when they were in the hospital. Anyway, that's the story.

Marsha, bummer about not getting the car you wanted but glad it is being replaced. I was surprised they did not total my car back in 2011 when DD was in a car accident but thankfully, I've got no trouble since they fixed it. It was about $10,000 worth of damage.
    Does your Dad do the daily weight/BP check with the visiting nurse service? I hope you are not too tired today from all your running around yesterday. Take it easy today if you can.

LuAnn, I hope you were able to get to your LO's last night. I am going to miss Gluemore night this month but am going to a 12 hour crop on the 25th. Hoping to get some serious scrapping done. I've been doing more cards lately and the photos are still barely sorted. I have everything out still.

Cyndi, yikes on your storm. I think we are getting it today? I've not heard thunder yet, but think that is possible.

Sorry, gotta run. Need to hit the showers.
    Have a good one all!!

drinking coffee
    the usual...
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone. Had some more rain and storms last night but not as bad as the night before, we did get over an inch of rain
    out of it. I think that we are suppose to have more rain tomorrow. Not much going on today just a bit of house cleaning.

Kray- Hope that you start feeling better soon.

LuAnn- Are you enjoying having DH home all week? Hope that you get your gym time today. I can't remember but did
    the injection help a lot last time?

Marsha -Yikes on them totaling out your car, I didn't realize the wreak was that bad.

Sounds like the shopping trip went okay with your dad. Glad that lunch with Jane was nice.

Maria - Great on getting most of the stuff checked off your list yesterday. Sorry that none of your dad's friends
    are not going to see him, that is a sad.

Bummer on not getting to do gluemore girls this month, but the 12 hour crop should give you some scrappy time.

drinking coffee
    being lazy
    yawning
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon ladies. DH is back at work today. He only had off two days and he ended up doing yardwork and not what I was hoping he'd get done. I still have to clean up the green beans.I'll see what I can harvest then pull everything out. That makes me a little sad.
    I had my "last" PT appointment today. I don't think it will be the last and told her that my left groin was hurting me too but the doctor said he wanted only to deal with one thing at a time. I have my appointment with him next week.

Cyndi, sounds like you are catching up on your rain. I know you needed it so I'm glad you have it. Yes, the injection was great the last time. I'm not sure if he can give me one since I've had 3 so far. I'm not sure how long in between I have to wait but that it's just a long time.

Maria, is this a podiatrist you trust? What does a bunionectomy entail? Would you have to be off your feet for a long time? Hopefully you'll get relief from the meds. Sorry your dad's friends aren't coming to visit. That is sad; I'd be pissed off. Does he like to do puzzles like Sudoko or crosswords? I hope his therapist has some good suggestions. I didn't get to my LOs. DS had me sitting with him before bedtime for a very long time. By the time he was ready to go to sleep, I was too. He sits on my lap and talks while he runs his fingers through my hair. It's very relaxing for the both of us.

Marsha, so are you secretly a little happy that they totaled your car? Glad that you and your sister got your dad out of the house for his weekly shopping. Was he happy with the new diet purchases?

I am tired since I am coming down with a cold. I did get up in time to see part of the lunar eclipse. I think I just missed the turquiose halo my a couple of minutes. DH got DD to look at it while she was getting ready for school. DS completely missed it.

drinking coffee
    getting ready to leave to pick up DD
    rather take a nap
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took dad to the doctor today and got a good report, not great, but not scary. We went to lunch, then back home. It was an early day, which is just what I needed it to be.

Kray, hope the doctor was able to prescribe meds for your cold. Hope you don't lose what you've gained in your water aerobics and that you get back to them soon.

Maria, the decision to total my car was made because once they took it apart the body shop found transmission damage and interior damage. I'm resigned to having to spend a little more money. I know how difficult it is to see your dad languish. I have that same feeling when I see my sister sleeping all day and night. She has no quality to her life -- in fact, she has no life. She would have never wanted this. She had a great fear of losing control of her life. I hope the PT can step up his therapy. Shame on his friends for neglecting him.

Cyndi, we had storms Tuesday night and will have more tonight and all day tomorrow and Friday. Like you, we need the rain so no complaints here. I hope Miss Pie doesn't have to go through the T & L with the next rain. Poor little puppy.

LuAnn, maybe resting your shoulder for a while will help. I know how you feel about having other body parts act up while you're trying to take care of one. Sometimes I think I should just learn to live with the discomfort and disability rather than risk fixing one and having another demand attention. But you have to keep trying to get back as much mobility as you can. Life's too short.

Karen, it was good to see you post a few days ago. I'm so sorry about Vicki's continued debilitation. I'm sorry for all of you who have to watch her slowly lose herself. It really is a painful thing.

Susan, hope you're doing okay and are still at peace with the decision you have made.

Clarinda, counting the days 'til the election is over for you and T. I'll also be glad when I don't have to see the terrible political ads on TV.

Expecting cooler temps with the rain tomorrow.
    Not planning to go anywhere.
    Tired.
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going into day 8 with this virus. Tues, the doctor did give me an antibiotic and codeine/cough syrup. That has helped calm down the cough. Coughing definitely made my throat and chest sore. Tony made porkchops tonight and they were actually good, but he put cayenne pepper in the seasoning, so the pepper burned my raw throat. But, they were good.

There is only a slight improvement. I hope I will be back to my normal self in a couple days. I will not be going to aerobics this week at all.
    Karen.... Gramma to Miss Lillyanna Emilee and Zachariah Lee ♥♥♥

http://kray-becomingabigtimescrapper.blogspot.com

Tally for 2015
    Cards:
    Layouts:
    Other:
    Altered items:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning,
    Today will be the long day of the week and then super early tomorrow. Hoping all goes smoothly. I did see my Dad yesterday after work and he actually had a good day. He bathed himself and did more self care things. I spoke with the occupational therapist and told her that those were the things he needed to work on. I also want to call a family meeting but Dad thinks he can get out next Tues when my sister gets here. I'm thinking it should be day visits instead. I'll see how he does through the weekend. I told him not to rush it for my sister, that she could come visit.

Cyndi, glad you got the rain you needed. Rain is predicted here for Saturday, I hope it is a good one. I plan on staying indoors and doing a lot of nothing.

LuAnn, Well, maybe the rest from PT will help. Will you be continuing the exercises? A bunionectomy would require removing the bunion capsule but also a break of the metatarsal bone to realign the toes. He said no work for 4-6 weeks. I cannot afford that time off right now. He did say to continue the PT exercises and gave me some anti-inflammatories to try first. I'll do all that I can before surgery.

Marsha, glad that Dad's visit went okay and that it was short. You needed a little break.

Kray, hope you are feeling better and better each day.

Have a good one all~

drinking coffee
    feeling chilly
    a little tired still
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kray View Post
    Going into day 8 with this virus. Tues, the doctor did give me an antibiotic and codeine/cough syrup. That has helped calm down the cough. Coughing definitely made my throat and chest sore. Tony made porkchops tonight and they were actually good, but he put cayenne pepper in the seasoning, so the pepper burned my raw throat. But, they were good.

There is only a slight improvement. I hope I will be back to my normal self in a couple days. I will not be going to aerobics this week at all.
    Sorry to butt in, but why is the doctor giving you an antibiotic for a viral infection? Viruses don't respond to them. They are for bacterial infections. And it's why we become immune to antibiotics because they used so much when not needed.
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham