Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1917 of 2480 FirstFirst ... 9171417181718671907191519161917191819191927196720172417 ... LastLast
Results 19,161 to 19,170 of 24800
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyndi, I'm so sorry for yours and DH's loss. Seems once he got home he was able to let go. God bless your family as you grieve.

Kray, so happy for the birth of your first granddaughter. She is already changing your life. I find I think more of myself as grandma/Nana then Marsha, and you are starting to express yourself as Gramma. You will have no more excuses for scrapbooking lulls as Lillyanna will be your muse and your mojo. lol

Karen, your new grandchicks are such a blessing after the week you've had with Leina. I'm so glad Leina is still hanging in there. I find myself thinking about her as I go about my day. Every bit of good news about her is such a spiritual lift.

Clarinda, you planned a fun evening, so hope you can enjoy it as much as your guests. Having a social activity is a good way to rekindle attendance and even get new people coming, so Kudos to you and T.

LuAnn, I hated my side-by-side fridge, too, and I love my new one with the freezer drawer on the bottom. I love being able to clean out the fridge without bending over. They've backed off our 50 degree Monday, too, and instead are predicting freezing rain. Monday is Presidents Day, so my son and gsons will not have to be out in it, but my dil will be. Hope all this snow is coming to an end, but I have no room to gripe when I think about the snow you and Maria have gotten.

Maria, I'm glad you didn't get the snow the Boston area got. Given what you've had in the past, 2 inches isn't bad. Still requires shoveling. Hope you're wearing your Fitbit when you're shoveling.

Susan, have a good day at work tomorrow. Glad DH made a safe trip. Wish you could have gone with him.

Well, I'm still battling this cold -- and I do mean battling. My throat is so raw that I gargle ice water about every 15 minutes. I had egg drop soup for supper, and I got about 10 minutes of relief. Really don't know where this cold came from. Thursday night we took our son and his twins out for dinner. (His wife works late on Thursdays.) I was fine then, but woke up at 3 a.m. Friday with a raw throat and cough. If it isn't better by Tuesday, I'll go see the doctor. I'm concerned about this cold because on Thursday I took a beef stroganoff and chocolate Bundt cake to a friend who has just had 5-bypass surgery. Sure hope I didn't get him sick. I also made cookies for the twins for V-Day. Boy, I've just been spreading my good cheer (and germs) all over the place. (Funny but not.) Well, tomorrow I'm going to try to move around more and get something done.

Thinking about Cyndi and her family
    Thinking about Leina
    Praising God for Lillyanna
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning everyone and thank you for listening about BIL for so long. This is the second brother that
    DH has lost in the last year. His oldest brother died last April.

We will meet with DH's sister this morning to pick out some flowers and things together.

Marsha- You have had a really rough winter with your sickness and your knees, You need spring and summer
    to get here and carry the bad colds and stuff away.

Susan - Hope that you had a nice day at work and everyone is still behaving...lol

Karen - That is a good surprise with new baby chicks...Leina is a tough lady the way that she has made
    it this long.

Maria - Sounds like a nice day and evening with DH, glad your enjoying the trial run of being an empty
    nester house.

drinking coffee
    watching the news
    planning the morning
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning~
    The week begins... never got back to crafting last night. I was tired and just did not have it in me. Maybe tonight.
    I might have to pick up some boys at the airport tomorrow afternoon. They are predicting more snow and if it's enough to cancel school, there will not be a school bus to bring them back home. So I volunteered to be a driver since I am off from work.
    Still cold, it's 12 degrees this AM but by Wed, they are predicting temps in the 40's. Can't wait.

Cyndi, thoughts go out to you and your family this week. Take care.

Marsha, hope you feel better soon!

Have a good Monday everyone,

drinking coffee
    listening to the ball being batted around by Sammie
    hopeful for spring
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning ladies. I got the kids home for another day since it's Presidents' Day. They had a 5-day weekend! I'm going to have a hard time keeping their schedules straight when they make up all these snow days.

Maria, will you have to drive in the bad weather to pick up the boys? That stinks. I hope they get back home safely though. I wonder if their flight will be delayed? Sounds like you had a romantic date night. I'd like to see that movie too. It looks good.

Cyndi, hugs for you and hubby.

Marsha, hope you get over your cold soon. That sounds horrible and maybe it has turned into something worse?

Karen, 5 chicks! Hope Leina continue to do well. You are amazing!

I have more cleaning to do today. I want to finish cleaning the basement. I'm not looking forward to packing up the refrigerator. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out exactly when they are coming. I wonder if I'll have time Wednesday?
    I've been making a wishlist for jewelry my niece sells. I can't believe how much I want since I don't wear it. It's LiaSopia - anyone hear of it?

drinking coffee
    waiting for DD to wake up
    going to call Deb
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Senior Scrapper PaperPossibilities's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening all. I am tired after working today (yes, they all behaved nicely Cyndi. Lol!) then cleaning the house and washing and finally getting the dining room table ready for five to six crafters tomorrow. I strung a banner kit together and hung it, finished a little heart shaped wreath with felt and paper flowers, found my altered photo frame with felt roses, altered the layout I am demonstrating tomorrow, and am ready for bed! I am looking forward to the girls being here tomorrow. We always have such a fun time.

Marsha you poor woman, with such a horrible sore throat. I hope you wake up with it easing tomorrow. I agree abotu wishing I was the one up North helping DD, but I am glad DH could go when I couldn't. She really needed some help.

Cyndi, how sad for your DH. My DH's eldest brother also passed away a couple of years ago (he had leukemia) so I feel for you both. I hope the next few days are alright and help everyone to grieve and feel some comfort from each other. Hugs.

Maria, I wish I could send some of this heat over to you all. Tonight we had rain though so I am hoping for a cooler day tomorrow. Take care. You sound so busy. It would be stressful going out in that weather you are having.

Luanne, I have not heard of LiaSopia jewelry? We might need some pictures now! Lol!

I wonder how Leina is doing? Thinking of you, Karen.

Also thinking of you Grandma Kray

Better get to bed
    Wondering if I remembered everything for tomorrow's class
    Glad it is raining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning...On the heating pad with a bad kink in my shoulder, sleeping in the tub is hard on the body, but with a pillow I was able to nap some...

Cyndi...This has been very hard on your family, loosing 2 brothers in less than a year, I hope you all can lean on one another and find comfort...Know that we are all thinking of you too! {{{hugs}}}...

Marsha, have you tried warm salt water for your throat? Usually helps heal the rawness...Hope you can get over this!

LuAnn...A mini Summer vacation in the snow with the kids home that long! Hope you new fridge comes early and you can get everything packed away...If you run short of room, wrap it in newspaper and store it in a box outside! Your weather is cold enough!

Maria, almost seems like you didn't even get a weekend off! I hope this week goes easier on you! Is the weather suppose to be any better?

Susan...Sounds like you are all set for the scrappy party to begin! Glad DH can go and be with DD and DGD!...Hope your classes behave themselves...

Clarinda, did dinner go good for everyone! I think just the fellowship of everyone coming together is wonderful in it's self!

Karen, i sure hope you and holding that new little Miss Lillyanna! PICTURES!!!

Well, all my chickens love bread because I used it to train them to come to the coop when called for bread thirty at night! LOL She also ate a little bit of minced kale with has so many good things in it...She won't try anything else really, so at this point, bread it is! There is a radio show today help by The Chicken Whisperer...He is having an Chicken Vet on and on FB, said to ask questions, so I posted about Leina in hopes he or someone else listening might have a word of help...She is not worse, but not really better other than the bit of eating...

I have to wait to daylight to go see the new baby chicks...LP took me to Wal-Mart yesterday and bought me a big dog crate for a 70-90 lb size! LOL It was so I would have something for Coco and the 5 chicks until I finish up my building and can do another chicken tractor...Solid bottom, vented top, keeps the chicks safe and everyone else out! I covered it in sun cloth, she can see out good, but the others can't see in! Gundar knows he is a daddy, he was in the coop crowing to Coco and trying to see the chicks!

sitting on the ever faithful heating pad
    waiting for Que to get up
    have to finish up the brooder today...

Pictures are posted of the new chicks...
    Karen

The little voices in my head keep saying..."Get more Chickens!"

...The difference between *life* and *living*...When you have someone close, someone special, a *Best Friend*, it's *Living*...When you lose her...it's just *Life*...
    ....Perhaps they are not stars in the sky....But rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy....
    ...FAITH is the bridge between where I AM...and where GOD is taking me...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morning!

Karen...Yea for Leina! and for 5 new ones! lol acting funny... you would recognize it! Happy for you!

Kray! Congratulations! It is so wonderful! Keep us posted.

Maria... I so want to see that movie. Empty nest is good... I think! lol for the few hours we have it ... we get to decide what to eat when (or not) what to watch on tv... lol

Cindi... hugs and prayers for you and your family. This is such a difficult time... with so many emotions!

Marsha... hugs too! sore throat are so hard to bear! One trick I learned years ago... take a lemon and roll it around to make juice stick a peppermint candy (cane is like a straw) but a little round one works... then suck the juice through the peppermint it will coat the throat. It does help! I so agree abut g-kids being a motivation to scrap!

Susan... glad dh got there saftely! Glad you have had a good couple of days! Can't wait to hear about your class... hummm maybe you can give me some coaching!

Well got to go get to work ... chat later...

I'll tell you about our party later...

Clarinda

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is set and ready, visitation starting tomorrow afternoon at the church and then the
    service and burial on Wednesday.

Maria - It looks like you will be getting snow from the same system that is bringing us some
    thunderstorms this afternoon. They are saying that we will be in the 70's by wednesday or thursday.

Luann- You really should have time Wednesday morning to pack the stuff out of the fridge.
    I think that a lot of kids will be making up for snow days this summer.

Susan- Sound like you have a fun class planned. Love that layout that you did.

Karen - I hope that the chicken vet might have some answers for you. Dog cratee should make a
    good temp. home for the chickies.

Clarinda -Yep, we want to hear all about the party...lol

drinking coffee
    watching t.v.
    talking with DH
    0---altered items
    0---cards
    0---layouts
    0---recipe pages

Cyndi....

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good evening ladies. I haven't done too much today. I ended up watching DS outside in the snow for a long time and taking a nap.

Cyndi, that is nice that everything is set up and ready.

Clarinda, yep want to hear about the party.

I hope Leina will get better very soon. You need to start sleeping in your bed. I had thought about taking things outside but DH didn't like that idea for some queer reason. I have 2 large coolers, 1 small cooler, 2 large insulated bags, several small insulated bag, some room in the basement freezer and lots of space in our small fridge. I won't need to store anything out side with all this but I might put the insulated bags outside in the snow on our deck. DH won't be home to yell at me. I hope the radio doctor was able to help you. Funny about Gundar being a proud papa.

Susan, have fun with your class today. I bet everything looks lovely. Taking pictures?

DD has got a nasty cold. I can hear her breathe really hard especially when she's trying to eat. We are suppose to get around 3" of snow tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm sick of this.

getting dinner ready
    watching the news
    feeling weary
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved around a little more today and made dinner, but not feeling much better. A group of ladies from Sunday School are getting together for lunch tomorrow, and I really want to go. On the other hand, I don't want to spread germs. Not sure what I'll do. I've already gotten a few calls asking if I'll be able to make it. Good to know I'm missed when I'm not there. I've gotten a week reprieve for my infusion as it is actually next Thursday not this. By then I'll have time to pick up some new germs. LOL, but sadly.

We're planning a trip to TX around March 7. We're going to spend a few days in Galveston this trip. We usually try to be there for the kids birthdays, but with GrandD's BD being early April we will be a few weeks early. Our trip will coincide with their spring break. Then when we get back home, we'll be babysitting for the twins during their break. Luckily, their break is later than the TX kids. Wonder if they'll take some of the twin's spring break to make up for snow days.

BTW, HL is having a great paper crafting sale: 50% off sale items. I don't have the strength to walk the store, so I let my fingers do the walking. I bought a lot of ribbon, several pkg. of hemp ribbon and hemp flowers, two embossing folders, a Nestabilities set and some assorted other goodies. I spent $85, but it's the first time I've bought scrapbooking stuff in a while. Now, where to put it!

Cyndi, my mind has been on your family off and on all day. Wish I were closer and could bring you a potluck dish for your company. I'm sad for your DH and his double loss this year. I lost my sister about 7 years ago, or more. (I'd have to look up the date.) I feel like I've lost my older sister, too, though she is physically alive in the nursing home, just not herself mentally. Your siblings are the only ones who have gone through the same childhood experiences as you, and when they're gone, it feels like the memories fade too. Is your DH in good health?

Maria, I hope the roads are clear for you if you need to go to the airport. How far a drive is it? Temps in the 40s will feel downright balmy to you, so something to look forward to. We will be in the 60s tomorrow. My Texas son called tonight, and it was 80 degrees today at his home.

Clarinda, glad your dinner went well, but I knew it would. Well, Archiver's is out of business. So sad. I'll be interested to see what moves in to its place.

Luann, I hope they don't take away all of your kids spring break. My son was lamenting that they took away their Good Friday to make up for the one snow day they missed. The family was planning an Easter trip to Florida. The thing about your snow days vs. spring break and Easter, is that the kids are not able to get out and play much with so much snow, but they can enjoy their break when it's spring outside. You'll all need a break come spring.

Karen, I saw pic of the baby chicks, and they are adorable. I loved seeing Gerty's pic too. Is she the one that sat on the eggs? Hope you get some answers from the radio vet. Do you have a Rural King in CA? We just got an email saying they are doing a chicken workshop in Indiana. Of course, I thought of you. I have been gargling with warm salt water. My throat is not quite as sore today, as long as I keep water going down my gullet. But my nose is so stuffed that I'm breathing through my mouth when I sleep, so I'm still waking up with a raw throat every hour or so at night.

Susan, enjoy your scrapbooking class. Sounds like fun. You sure work hard to have fun. lol How is DH doing? Hope DD's hand is feeling better.

Kray, I saw the baby's pic on FB. She is beautiful. She looks perfect. I know you are enjoying getting to know her.

Bath time. Hoping the steam will unplug my sinuses
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    Going to check out Jimmy Fallon's first Tonight Show
    Marsha from Illinois
    Scrapbooking mantra: Storage isn't organization!