Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HERE IS THE TIN I WILL BE USING AND SUPPLY LIST...

~~~~~Altered Lunch Tin:~~~~~

*Lunch box tin (I am using the provo craft lunch tin…but it is your choice in what tin you would like to use)
    *Ranger brand “alcohol inks”…these are sold in 3 packs ( I will be using the “cottage path” pack along with the “silver metallic” ink)
    *Ranger “blending” solution (this will help to lighten or erase any of the inks you apply.
    *OPTIONAL* Ranger application pad for alcohol ink ( I am just using felt pieces that I cut into squares for the application)
    *coordinating ribbons & fibers for the handle of your tin.
    *1- 12X12 sheet coordinating cardstock
    *1 large layered flower
    *1 fairly large button for flower center
    *1 small safety pin (any color will be fine..we will be coloring also with the alcohol inks)
    *OPTIONAL* charm with small jump ring attached
    *Any other embellishments you would like to use to decorate your tin (chipboard letters, stamps, rhinestones, primas, embossing powders, rick rack, stickles or 3D fabric paints,etc.)

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 1….get all your supplies out & ready.....We will be starting with your choice of alcohol inks, blending solution, blending tool or a piece of felt….and the obvious, your tin you will be altering. You should also have your rubbing alcohol as well for clean up…this helps to clean your hands as well…this is a slightly messy ink….but well worth the outcome!....

You might want to cover your work area with several sheet of paper for protection against ink spills.

Now lets begin with your tin…we will start with your lid first….Take your piece of felt (or blending tool) and add several drops of your first color onto your felt.

Apply this all over your tin randomly…..,move your felt around sparatically as well….don’t make it look lined up or planned…just put it everywhere….you will want to cover it quite a bit as well…if this is your base or main color …you can just smear it all over …..i learned this when I got to the bottom half of the tin….if you will be using 3 colors, you might just want to apply it randomly...

At this point your tin will not look so good…but it does get better!!!!

Make sure you get close to the handles and in corners…you will be able to clean up any mess later with rubbing alcohol.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 2…..Now take your second color….And apply this randomly all over the top of the tin…this will now begin to look even more of a disaster!!!...

And if you are using even a third color….you will now apply this as well, randomly.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 3: Now, here comes the part you will see the most difference with….

Time to use the blending solution….take a clean piece of felt…apply blending solution to that.

Now slowly, apply this randomly on top your colors…..I stress slowly…because you will see your colors immediately “scatter” and blend together….

*important thing to remember---blending solution erases the color as well!!...that is why I say slowly apply this!!!

Now work you blending solution around randomly to your colors, to blend them together.

If at any time you feel you have erased too much of your colors….just reapply them and work them in again!!.....that is the beauty of these inks….no mistakes!!!

Please don’t stress over this part either….I was trying to achieve perfection and found when I left it alone….it ended up looking good!!!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step #4….now that the lid is done….lets move on to the bottom of your tin.

You will now just repeat Steps 1-3 for this part….

Step #1—apply your base color

Step #2---apply your second color (and third if you are adding 3), randomly

Step #3—apply your blending solution

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step #5….Now we are going to decorate your tin!! This is where you will personalize it to what you are going to use it for.

With your paper of choice…you will need to cut 2 strips….this will be from a 12X12 sheet.

You need to cut two 3” X 12” strips…

You will then take one of your strips and cut off 2” to make one strip 9” long.

Now wrap those strips around your tin, and secure with glue or your glue runner. Just make sure that your strips meet on the sides of your tin

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step #6…..Lets add the flower!

You will take 2 of your larger flowers and secure them together with glue dots…one on top the other….

Now take your smaller contrasting flower and add that with a glue dot.

Get out your button and small piece of ribbon now….we are going to thread your button.

Take your small piece of ribbon and thread it through two of the button holes and tie it in a knot and cut the ends at an angle. (I found it easier to cut the ribbon at a angle was easier to start it thru the holes)

Now attach your charm to your small safety pin and pin it on your button

Attach button to center of your flower

Tip: if you want to change the color of your safety pin…you can ink it with your alcohol inks to match your tin now before attaching your charm…just do both sides!

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    button

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    attach flower to the side of the tin

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wrap lace or ribbon around the top portion of your lid and secure with glue....I like to use the beacons 3-in-1 glue