Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow I'm going to Herbal Magic for a consultation to lose some weight. Does anyone have any experiences to share with me? I know one person who joined the program and had great results and I've only heard good things about it... Wish me luck!
    Melissa

To scrap or to cook, that is the question!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of it before, but would LOVE to know more and see how well it does (will be needing SOMETHING after july...LOL)

Good luck and let us know either way what you think.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Shannon, will let you know how it goes! Their website says they are in the states too, so maybe if it works for me (still trying to lose the baby fat from having my 2 girls so close together), it might be an option for you if need be.
    Melissa

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone happens to glance at this thread here's an update: the consultation was informative and I am NOT going with Herbal Magic. I learned that I have a medium-large bone structure and should lose 47 lbs (ouch!) to be a healthy weight for my height & age. They want almost $1200 as a start-up fee for their 52 week program (52 weeks is the shortest program they offer), and on top of that the pills cost over $300 PER MONTH. I am so not in a position to do this right now so I'm looking into other options.

I have an appointment with a personal consultant for Herbalife this morning and I already know they don't charge any start-up fees and their pills typically run between $100 & $150. This lady has also taken fitness & nutrition courses and has offered to make a meal plan and workout routine for me, SO I am liking it so far and will update again when I'm home. Wish me luck again!
    Melissa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melissa, My brother and SIL did Herbalife for a while, and as long as they did the program, they either lost or maintained their weight. When they stopped, BOOM! It all came back. I know this doesn't sound like fun, but cutting back on food intake and increasing exercise is teh proven way to take the weight off and keep it off. There are many online supports and information for free, and we can help support you here. I was following a plan like I described above for about 6 weeks, but then went off the wagon. I know if I exercise it will help things alot, but I'm just too darn lazy. Hope this helps you, I know a lot of us are in the market to lose a few pounds.
    Laura

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Laura! I have thought about the possibility of the weight coming right back when I stop the plan but I really think I need some kind of a jump start. The fact that this lady is willing to help me with meal plans to eat sensibly (and a workout plan too) makes me think I might be more likely to maintain a new healthier weight after I leave the program. I really hope so anyways! Thanks for the support, I can really use it!
    Melissa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the Herbalife program for a while and to be honest I didn't loose very much weight, just money. After 40 years of dieting and I do mean DIETING (I think, no I KNOW that I have tried every diet out there) the best thing I have ever done was stopped dieting and start exercising. It was my doctor who suggested it and it is amazing! I eat whatever I want BUT I have to exercise for at least 1 hour a day. The results are amazing and I feel terrific!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop all the hunting for the magic jump start, is what I say. It's not there. Listen to this: Weight Watchers, Weight Watchers, Weight Watchers. It's more of a lifestyle change and it's support.

If you'll eat five servings of fruits and vegetables, three of dairy, and tons of water, you'll lose right off. You need to focus on one or one and a half pounds a week. Slower is better.

I have two boys 17 months apart and I lost 22 pounds on WW after they were born. I've been able to keep most of it off. I have been anxiety eating a lot since we're moving to Germany but otherwise, that WW is in the back of my mind and I'm doing great.

So find a good teacher and a good meeting time for you and sign up for the monthly pass. It's the best.

Laura
    "Thank ewe, thank you so much." Brenda Lee Johnson, The Closer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura--LOVE the siggy line. I wonder the same thing myself and mine are 2 1/2 yrs apart!
    Laura

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am like everyone else trying to lose pounds. It is so hard....I was doing good for a while walking between 3-5 miles a day then it rained for a weekend and wel there was my road block and for some reason I can jump back on the wagon it moves to fast for me and before you know it all the nice day is gone.

Motivation is what i need.

So i was thinking i spend a little time on line each day would anyone want to do a post with me. it would list what we did like one liners ate under 1200 cal or walked 2 miles or worked out for 30 min. Just something to have a little push and motivation. So it will make you want to do more to let eveyone know what you are doing. Or does that sound to personal. Sorry I just need someone to stay on me...sad as that sounds.

Just an Idea.

janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!