Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ladies this in an on-going thread where I will post tips and techniques it used to be a private thread but we're taking it public! Please feel free to add your own tips and techniques or links to them on this site. I will be reposting some from the past threads. If you want to make sure you have them it's a good idea to start a word processing file and cut and paste from her to that.

The following link is to a really cool technique I saw on my trip this weekend to visit Donna (Atty) Our joint TAC venture was a bust but we sure had fun!

Donna, btw we bought the wrong kind of stitch witchery, it comes on a roll with no paper backing so it looks like the hem tape just larger. I am going to play around with the paper fusible and see what I can come up with and then I'll post.

http://www.learn2stamp.com/paper/paper07.shtml

This is a tip for faux stone, but it also includes the recipe for homemade alcohol ink, also gives instructions for using regular ink.

http://www.stampersmall.com/classes/..._technique.asp

Have you all heard of the tip using bleach on bubble wrap? Well you can do it a couple of ways you can either put some papertowels in a tray (something with a lip, cleaned out stryofoam tray from grocery works well) dampen with bleach then tap your bubble wrap onto the bleach soaked papertowels and then take it to your paper and stamp by laying it over your paper and gently pressing with your hand. Second way is to put some bleach in a small container and use a foam brush to paint the bleach onto the bubble wrap then stamp as I've explained above. Well if you know all about that here is a new bubble wrap technique ink it up with a ink pad and then stamp with it. Donna and I saw this done with a dark yellow ink onto lighter yellow cardstock and it ended up looking like honeycomb! They then added a little bee embelishment and it was adorable! You might also want to try painting acrylic paints on the bubble wrap and then stamping with it.

Tip Friday May 11

Go to a discount store and buy a pack of those thin cutting boards in the kitchen section. I think they are suposed to be disposable. I got mine from Wal-mart 3 for 3.00. They work great to stamp on, glue on etc. Stamping Ink wipes off, adhesive and glue comes off with rubbing over it or using the EK Success adhesive remover that Donna got me and I love. But the best thing is if you are on a roll and don't want to stop and clean, you just grab the next one and clean them all when you are done.

Tip Friday May 25
    New direct to paper ink technique

Use a pom pom and a aligator clip or that new pom pom holder from Pebbles! and tap it on your ink pad and then take it to your paper working in a circular motion. It gives a softer look than taking the ink pad directly to the paper, and no straight lines.

Monday May 28 (Happy Memorial Day)

Project tip link (do these on a bit smaller scale and attach to a handmade card with glue dots and recipient can remove them and use them on their fridge, it's a gift and a greeting card, you'll want to include a note in the card to let them know to remove) The instructions say to attach magnets to the back but they do have adhesive magnet sheets. Trace your pattern on the magnet sheet, cut out, remove paper, exposing adhesive and stick your pattern to it. If your worried about getting it lined up, stick your pattern pieces to the magnet adhesive and then trim away extra.

http://www.heroarts.com/stampcraft/s...cfm?craftID=75

Well I just typed up an entire set of instructions to alter an apron like the one in the pic below into a scraping apron so you don't lose your supplies while you scrap. You can get them from Lowe's, hardware stores, lumber yards etc. Then my pic was to big and and I lost all my text. So let me know if you are interested and I'll do them up again, this time in word and cut and paste.

Wed 5/30 Tip (the pic for this is on page 3, because I can only have one pic on this main post at a time)

Save those spiral bound booklets/manuals that you get from different places (my dh gets them from work for seminars and workshops he attends, we also get one a year from the Financial institution our retirement plan is with) Ask anyone who works an office job and they can probably get you one. Then you alter the cover, and use the book when you are stamping. I use the book for all kinds of things...to stamp first to prime my stamp, check the ink color of the pad or marker to make sure it is the right shade, I do this with my pencils, chalk etc. I stamp off my project and onto a sheet in the book (eliminating the need for scratch paper) I glue on the book that way the glue doesn't get on my surface. When a sheet is messy I just turn a few pages. Then after it drys I reuse the pages (unless there was glue and then the pages are stuck together by the time you trash the book you will have come by another. There is a pic of one of my altered stamp books on page 3

Link to a 119 page pdf full of techniques, don't let the first tip stop you it gets pertinet to us after that first one. I for one have been dying to get my hands on one of those air guns to use with markers

http://photos.imageevent.com/littlecs7/filesandstuffs/S...GE%20LIST_1_.doc.pdf

Link to cool technique using alcohol based markers like Prismacolors available in fine art departments. They used tracing paper but I bet it will work on Vellum!
    http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/crafting/ar...820610,00.html

Technique using crayons and rubber stamps

http://trishbayley.com/techniqueszone/?p=34

Technique for making decorative paper.

Paint Pens (Metallic were used in the example but they don't have to be)
    Glossy Cardstock (White or Black)
    Mister bottle with water
    heat gun

Put your piece of glossy cardstock on a some scratch paper, then starting with lightest color of paint pen first make random dots on paper, then next color, then third color. Mist with water then take heat tool to it and push the paint/water around blending the colors together. Chase the excess water off the cardstock and onto your scrap paper. Keep moving your heat gun or your paper may curl. It might still curl if it does after it is dry press it in a phone book. Here is a link to a pic of the technique. You can also sprinkle some embossing powder on it while it's still wet and then take your heat gun to it.

http://images.scrippsweb.com/DIY/200...lb129_ep_e.jpg

Link to techniques using a brayer
    http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/brayers.html

Rubber Band Background Stamping, take different size rubber bands and wrap them around a block of wood or your acrylic stamping block, ink with dye ink pad or pigment ink pad and stamp. Wipe on babywipe, re-ink, stamp. The opposite side will have a different pattern. If you use a scrap of wood you will have 4 different patterns! If you use pigment ink you can then sprinkle embossing powder and emboss. Try using a kalaidacolor pad to get numerous colors in one stamping. Oh don't forget to try it with paint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello ladies this in an on-going thread where I will post tips and techniques it used to be a private thread but we're taking it public! Please feel free to add your own tips and techniques or links to them on this site. I will be reposting some from the past threads. If you want to make sure you have them it's a good idea to start a word processing file and cut and paste from her to that.

The following link is to a really cool technique I saw on my trip this weekend to visit Donna (Atty) Our joint TAC venture was a bust but we sure had fun!

Donna, btw we bought the wrong kind of stitch witchery, it comes on a roll with no paper backing so it looks like the hem tape just larger. I am going to play around with the paper fusible and see what I can come up with and then I'll post.

http://www.learn2stamp.com/paper/paper07.shtml

This is a tip for faux stone, but it also includes the recipe for homemade alcohol ink, also gives instructions for using regular ink.

http://www.stampersmall.com/classes/..._technique.asp

Have you all heard of the tip using bleach on bubble wrap? Well you can do it a couple of ways you can either put some papertowels in a tray (something with a lip, cleaned out stryofoam tray from grocery works well) dampen with bleach then tap your bubble wrap onto the bleach soaked papertowels and then take it to your paper and stamp by laying it over your paper and gently pressing with your hand. Second way is to put some bleach in a small container and use a foam brush to paint the bleach onto the bubble wrap then stamp as I've explained above. Well if you know all about that here is a new bubble wrap technique ink it up with a ink pad and then stamp with it. Donna and I saw this done with a dark yellow ink onto lighter yellow cardstock and it ended up looking like honeycomb! They then added a little bee embelishment and it was adorable! You might also want to try painting acrylic paints on the bubble wrap and then stamping with it.

Tip Friday May 11

Go to a discount store and buy a pack of those thin cutting boards in the kitchen section. I think they are suposed to be disposable. I got mine from Wal-mart 3 for 3.00. They work great to stamp on, glue on etc. Stamping Ink wipes off, adhesive and glue comes off with rubbing over it or using the EK Success adhesive remover that Donna got me and I love. But the best thing is if you are on a roll and don't want to stop and clean, you just grab the next one and clean them all when you are done.

Tip Friday May 25
    New direct to paper ink technique

Use a pom pom and a aligator clip or that new pom pom holder from Pebbles! and tap it on your ink pad and then take it to your paper working in a circular motion. It gives a softer look than taking the ink pad directly to the paper, and no straight lines.

Monday May 28 (Happy Memorial Day)

Project tip link (do these on a bit smaller scale and attach to a handmade card with glue dots and recipient can remove them and use them on their fridge, it's a gift and a greeting card, you'll want to include a note in the card to let them know to remove) The instructions say to attach magnets to the back but they do have adhesive magnet sheets. Trace your pattern on the magnet sheet, cut out, remove paper, exposing adhesive and stick your pattern to it. If your worried about getting it lined up, stick your pattern pieces to the magnet adhesive and then trim away extra.

http://www.heroarts.com/stampcraft/s...cfm?craftID=75

Well I just typed up an entire set of instructions to alter an apron like the one in the pic below into a scraping apron so you don't lose your supplies while you scrap. You can get them from Lowe's, hardware stores, lumber yards etc. Then my pic was to big and and I lost all my text. So let me know if you are interested and I'll do them up again, this time in word and cut and paste.

Wed 5/30 Tip (the pic for this is on page 3, because I can only have one pic on this main post at a time)

Save those spiral bound booklets/manuals that you get from different places (my dh gets them from work for seminars and workshops he attends, we also get one a year from the Financial institution our retirement plan is with) Ask anyone who works an office job and they can probably get you one. Then you alter the cover, and use the book when you are stamping. I use the book for all kinds of things...to stamp first to prime my stamp, check the ink color of the pad or marker to make sure it is the right shade, I do this with my pencils, chalk etc. I stamp off my project and onto a sheet in the book (eliminating the need for scratch paper) I glue on the book that way the glue doesn't get on my surface. When a sheet is messy I just turn a few pages. Then after it drys I reuse the pages (unless there was glue and then the pages are stuck together by the time you trash the book you will have come by another. There is a pic of one of my altered stamp books on page 3

Link to a 119 page pdf full of techniques, don't let the first tip stop you it gets pertinet to us after that first one. I for one have been dying to get my hands on one of those air guns to use with markers

http://photos.imageevent.com/littlecs7/filesandstuffs/S...GE%20LIST_1_.doc.pdf

Link to cool technique using alcohol based markers like Prismacolors available in fine art departments. They used tracing paper but I bet it will work on Vellum!
    http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/crafting/ar...820610,00.html

Technique using crayons and rubber stamps

http://trishbayley.com/techniqueszone/?p=34

Technique for making decorative paper.

Paint Pens (Metallic were used in the example but they don't have to be)
    Glossy Cardstock (White or Black)
    Mister bottle with water
    heat gun

Put your piece of glossy cardstock on a some scratch paper, then starting with lightest color of paint pen first make random dots on paper, then next color, then third color. Mist with water then take heat tool to it and push the paint/water around blending the colors together. Chase the excess water off the cardstock and onto your scrap paper. Keep moving your heat gun or your paper may curl. It might still curl if it does after it is dry press it in a phone book. Here is a link to a pic of the technique. You can also sprinkle some embossing powder on it while it's still wet and then take your heat gun to it.

http://images.scrippsweb.com/DIY/200...lb129_ep_e.jpg

Link to techniques using a brayer
    http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/brayers.html

Rubber Band Background Stamping, take different size rubber bands and wrap them around a block of wood or your acrylic stamping block, ink with dye ink pad or pigment ink pad and stamp. Wipe on babywipe, re-ink, stamp. The opposite side will have a different pattern. If you use a scrap of wood you will have 4 different patterns! If you use pigment ink you can then sprinkle embossing powder and emboss. Try using a kalaidacolor pad to get numerous colors in one stamping. Oh don't forget to try it with paint!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori, you are such a sweetheart to do these tips. Now this bd. is complete. Thanks much for your hard work. I know we'll pick up some great ideas.
    Ms. Merry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THat is a great idea! I have all the stuff too for that technique, I think. I have the stich witchery but not sure if it is the right or wrong stuff. I will have to check.

Thank you so much for starting this thread again. I loved it before and always got some great ideas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for doing this Lori. I know how much work it can be. You are the greatest!
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a cool technique, thanks.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great!! thanks lori! as i've said before you RAWK da HOWZE!! LOL atme!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEAH!!! the tips and techniques have followed us here.... Really looking forward to these.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that tech looks neat have to try it thanks

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lori-you are the Queen of Tips & Techniques!

I learned more from your other T&T thread & all of the great info that you & everyone posted there in a few months than I think I have in 3 yrs. of scrapping!

Thnaks for doing this again- you're the bestest!