Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DISAPPOINTED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally deleted all my layouts that I posted on a link that is hosting a 'contest'. No matter how well executed the layouts were, within a few days of posting they would start getting very, very low voting scores when most of them consistently started out with multiple 10's and 9's. (and I have only had 1 family member that I invited to go through and vote on all the layouts because I know that he would give an honest appraisal. And I didn't tell about the layouts until all my layouts had been posted for a couple of weeks, so his votes were not biased high scores to start the ratings.) The 'voting' does not seem to be fair and the only layout that consistently stays in the lead, seems to be the only one that is not affected by someone coming through and voting undeserved low scores on it, like what I have experienced with every single layout I shared.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I have since talked with the person who has the lead layout on this site and she, also has received very low scores on her layout!! So, I was wrong to assume that hers was not affected by this unfair scoring. It is beyond me why people would want to be so mean as to give dishonest votes for obviously well-executed layouts! so, my apologies for reacting harshly!!!

(As I shared with this person, I think that a fairer scoring system would have been this: no scores below '5' could be posted without first filling out a comment on why a below-average score was being given. This way the designer of the layout would have the benefit of receiving constructive criticism and have an opportunity to learn to improve her/his techniques</span>

I don't normally complain but, there are so many wonderful layouts on that site that are not being given the correct credit due them. I truly think the system is flawed though it is being made available with good intentions. There are just some people who are being uncaring or just voting on what they 'like' and not on the merit of design. It is sad that people cannot be fair. Oh well...

There is still a bright side to all this: my kids are getting some super layouts finished for their albums that would not have been so labor intensive had it not been for this contest. They were fun to do and they will be admired and cherished for years to come. This is the true reward and recognition needed. So, all is not lost,for sure!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally deleted all my layouts that I posted on a link that is hosting a 'contest'. No matter how well executed the layouts were, within a few days of posting they would start getting very, very low voting scores when most of them consistently started out with multiple 10's and 9's. (and I have only had 1 family member that I invited to go through and vote on all the layouts because I know that he would give an honest appraisal. And I didn't tell about the layouts until all my layouts had been posted for a couple of weeks, so his votes were not biased high scores to start the ratings.) The 'voting' does not seem to be fair and the only layout that consistently stays in the lead, seems to be the only one that is not affected by someone coming through and voting undeserved low scores on it, like what I have experienced with every single layout I shared.

<span class="ev_code_RED">I have since talked with the person who has the lead layout on this site and she, also has received very low scores on her layout!! So, I was wrong to assume that hers was not affected by this unfair scoring. It is beyond me why people would want to be so mean as to give dishonest votes for obviously well-executed layouts! so, my apologies for reacting harshly!!!

(As I shared with this person, I think that a fairer scoring system would have been this: no scores below '5' could be posted without first filling out a comment on why a below-average score was being given. This way the designer of the layout would have the benefit of receiving constructive criticism and have an opportunity to learn to improve her/his techniques</span>

I don't normally complain but, there are so many wonderful layouts on that site that are not being given the correct credit due them. I truly think the system is flawed though it is being made available with good intentions. There are just some people who are being uncaring or just voting on what they 'like' and not on the merit of design. It is sad that people cannot be fair. Oh well...

There is still a bright side to all this: my kids are getting some super layouts finished for their albums that would not have been so labor intensive had it not been for this contest. They were fun to do and they will be admired and cherished for years to come. This is the true reward and recognition needed. So, all is not lost,for sure!

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you know I uploaded some of mine but I haven't checked back with it in quite a while. It's sad that someone felt the need to cheat.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    same here- have not been to that site in probable over a month!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only went to that site one time and every lo i saw was well worth a high score.
    *Mary*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what site you are speaking off, but I am sorry that those who spend time and effort to produce a LO don't get the recognition they deserve. It's probably people who have no creativity and are jealous of other's ability. I'm sure your children will appreciate your hard work.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the rating system is not fair since there are those who want to score your great work low because of deceit.

If you want a true (or more true) score, take the rating they have and divide it by the number of votes they have and there is your more accurate score per vote.

I am going to pick on the TopScrapbooker site, If you noticed that I used your LO as an example, please, I am not degrading your LO at all.

The top scrapper has a rating of 8.27 with 30 votes. So take 8.27 / 30 = .2756666 per vote. In reality, that is rather low rating. Now the second top scrapper has a rating of 8.26 with 61 votes. So take 8.26 / 61 = .1354 etc. Which is an even lower rating. Now the lowest rated LO has a score of 4.49 with 43 votes. So take 4.49 / 43 = .10441 etc. Which is really not far from the second highest top scrapper. There is a LO on the site that has rating of 5.60 with 5 votes. Again, take 5.60 / 5 = 1.12, which by far would outrate the so called top scrapper.

However you want to look at it, I find it more rewarding to look at the rating according to the number of votes as I did above.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I did like you said and posted some of my china pages on that site and I have scores ranging from 6.50 to 7.60 (I think). Don't know if those are low or not, but no one voting has left a comment, so it's hard to know what they don't like.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to that site once. There are so many Lo's posted on there that it would take days just to get through all of them, lol!

Is this the first time someone has done something like this online? Maybe the method of scoring needs fine tuning?

Awwww! Don't be discouraged by what others have thought in their voting. We scrap for ourselves, our families, and our future generations. Scrapping is about what pleases us. There are as many different tastes and opinions about things as there are people. Ziggy hates pink , but I like pink. There are papers that I have that I think are terribly ugly, but someone else would like them. Some styles of scrapping I am drawn to, but others I don't like. Not because the person did a bad job, it's just not what I like. So just know that you have a cheering section right here and weeee like your work.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with country rose totally. I posted my scrapbook on there, but that rating doesn't mean anything to me; however, what you guys say does matter because I know enough about your work to respect your comments.
    Lynn