Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for the best scrapbook album to use for the Amazon scrapbook that I'm starting for my doctor. He scrapbooks all his medical mission trips and puts them in his waiting room. They get a lot of handling and I have repaired quite a few of the post bound ones. I have always liked the creative memories strap ones, but his scrapbooks always wind up having lots of pages, and just can't always get them in those albums.

Ali Edwards suggested the American Crafts 3 ring binder albums for sturdiness. I've never used 3 ring binder ones.

Help me decide on a new album for this scrapbook.
    Lynn

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ... 3 ring binder ones are all I use. I was only scrappin 8 1/2 by 11 and just using school binders... for the ease of moving lo's around. I don't scrap in any order...LOL. HL now carries 3 ring binders in both sized 12x12 also so I've got both sizes of albums going. The 12x12 is only like $12 reg and you can use 40% of every other week... You might need to renforce the holes but that would be easy enough to do.

Good Luck
    Clarinda
    Clarinda

Mom of three
    Nanna of three

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used 3 rings before, but quit when I went to 12X12 LOs. They are sturdy and I didn't have trouble with the page protectors tearing at the hole, but the ones I made didn't get that much wear. It definitely is easier to turn the pages.

Are you going to show us the album as you scrap it? I certainly hope so!
    Judith

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wanting to get a ring binder but couldn't find them. Thanks for letting us know that HL carries them. I'll look again, I don't think they had them when I was looking so hard.
    life is uncertain, scrap first

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you don't quite get the same effect with two page layouts as you would with one where the pages are joined together when opened. So, do you still treat them as a two page spread in a 3 ring binder, or more just individual pages?
    Lynn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My school scrapbook is in a 3 ring binder and believe me it gets a lot of wear and tear as the children look through it. I have only had one page rip at the little hole but was by a very rough and disobedient child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the 3-ring is what you're looking for. For the page inserts, may I suggest the Crop-In-Style pages? They have that little flap at the top so things won't fall out if the book falls upside down. My Archiver's carries them for 99 cents each. I know they have been featured on Sandi's DIY show. Here's a link:
    crop in style 12x12
    Laura

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ladies
    Lynn

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd use the 3-ring binder - I've got a couple of them and i love it! HL has their 3-ring binder brand they're pretty reasonable. 14.99 for 12x12 and 12.99 for 8 1/2 x 11 - they hold about 2" of pages, which includes the bulky-ness of it as well. I'm really pleased with the 3-ring binder.

HL just had them on sale 50% off last week along w/the refills. I'm sure they'll have it on sale in a couple of weeks or next week. Keep your eye out for it.

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the talk about the ease of 3 ring binders has made me want to try one. So off to HL I went last week to get one while they were 50% off. Got a 8 1/2 x11. They also had the refills 50% off as Taffy said. Only thing was the boxed package of page protectors that were $19.99 was priced wrong ( a few boxes of them anyway) $6.99 for a 100 protectors. I got 2 boxes for 50% off the $6.99 price. What a deal!! Hubby was with me and I had only picked up one box, he told me to get the other box. So as soon as I find out what I want to scrap in the 3 ring binder I'll just put it with my other new albums....