Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hosting Crops

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you do it? And what's all involved?!?! (meaning, i've heard how people play games and such, food, etcs.. and charging? I don't think i'll charge, I think the company would be MOST excellent in my case..) LOL

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you do it? And what's all involved?!?! (meaning, i've heard how people play games and such, food, etcs.. and charging? I don't think i'll charge, I think the company would be MOST excellent in my case..) LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I host crops quite often, we don't play games and I don't charge. We just get together to scrap, chat and share ideas and supplies. Want to join us on NSD from 9:30 a.m. until midnight? That is my next crop!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it depends on what and where. In the group I'm in, we charge $5 a person to pay for teh room in the sb store. Sometimes a lady makes up a challenge list for us. Could be anything, like scrap a christmas layout, or use some bling on a lo, use flowers on a lo. We've played bingo where you make a bingo board with the spaces filled in with scrapping realated things like above. First person to complete a bingo gets a small prize. Person who fills in teh most boxes gets a prize. For food, we usually either order pizza, or just do lunch on our own which involves 16 women invading a restraunt, lol. If you want snacks around, make sure you designate a seperate table for them and drinks. It really depends on how you want it to go. If your aim is to just invite a few friends to your house, then I would keep some light snacks and drinks in the kitchen and set up some tables in the living room and just have fun talking and scrapping and talking some more, lol.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just today I joined a meet-up scrapbooking group. There was a crop at a members house tonight. I didn't sign up because I had other obligations and no sitter, but it looks like they all take turns hosting and the fee is $2 per person. I don't know what the money goes for or if there are games,etc.
    If I was doing it for friends I would just have a nice set up area to work in and like Cindy said some snacks in another area or room. I don't think you have to do games.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy,

Some of the less expensive crops I have been to were $5.00 pp or bring a donation for the selected charity. I bought school supplies for needy children once. They serve drinks and as a bonus anyone who brings a snack to share, gets entered in a drawing at the end of the night. I haven't played any games yet,but there are usually one or two to promote new products, etc.

My lss hosts a girls night one Friday evening per month, and it's usually packed. You may want to keep in mind those who are new to scrapbooking and how you can help them get interested or provide supplies, free make and take, free demos, etc.

You may want to survey the people you will be inviting. Ask what they would like to work on or see demonstrated (techniques, tools. equipment. etc.) If you don't have a particular tool, maybe someone else wouldn't mind demonstrating it.

Misty

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A group of local scrappers (mostly the "gluemore girls") here get together once a month at a local bank that lets us use their "community" room for free... we just register for the key and pick it up during the day. We keep it real simple... BYOF&B (Food & Beverage)... and we just scrap or chat... no games, contests, etc. However, we are doing a puzzle swap which just finished and having a scrapping baby shower next month for one of the girls who is expecting in June.
    TALLIES 2017
    1. SCRAPBOOK PAGE TOTALS: 6
    2. CARD TOTALS: 3
    3. CARD KITS:

4. MINI BOOK:
    5. OTHER ALTERED PROJECTS: 1

"Dull Women Have Immaculate Houses"

Maria

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great info ladies.. I'm hoping to host a crop nite next month.. I'll need that time to organize my craft room and get a room ready..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffy, Im hosting a crop at my moms house next saturday with friends and family members...We get together every month at a different house and the hostess cooks a meal or order out and provides the space. I started this with my friends and family last halloween and it has been going strong since. Its about 8-10 of us and we usually like to keep a theme going so the fun would last long and we all would have either free scrap time or themed play time.

WE all look forward to the prizes and games and the take homes that we generally put together.

Next week is themed "The Chinese New Year." I bought some decorative take out boxes that my job had for xmas for 42 cents and I am giving them away as take homes with edible fortune cookies and a small scrapbook token of thanks. I have decorations that I bought at Oriental Trading real cheap. I have prizes that I put toehter in a clear plastic 12x12 sleeve with paper, stickers, pens, ribbon all sorts of nice cheap doodads that anyone would love to get. My mother is the chef of the night and she is serving chicken and broccoli stir fry. Later we are having alcohol beverages and music..

The best part about this crop is I found some mustaches and hats that matches the theme and I asked everyone to wear a red shirt for fun.

One thing that I learned is when having a crop and your hosting people really enjoy themes and good food. If your on a budget this still can be done, but make sure you always have enough space, snacks and plenty of laughter.

I will surely provide pictures.

SOrry this is long but Im hoping to stimulate some ideas.

I have a lot of games in mind too..maybe I will list them on the board.

Tanisha
    Come check my cards out at my webstore www.CardsByNYScrapster.Etsy.com

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I host a crop at my house every month. We use my basement and I provide the space and the drinks. The rest of the girls bring snacks. We have anywhere from 2 of us up to 12. We have not done games or themes. In May we celebrate NSD - we each bring a prize values from $3-5 and then we draw names. Maybe this time we will do a contest for who gets the most LO done or a LO with a particular item on it. We do a lot of socializing. It is my night - hubby gets the kids and I get fun. It's also the only time I get to scrap too.

Thanks to whoever found this site. I am enjoying all of the info.
    Barb K

porud mommy to Timmy (11) and Alex (7)