Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Brunch - I have a bunch of picky eaters, so I need ideas - this is for my family:

No peppers, no dishes made with cream soups, etc., and I don't care for ham, but I am thinking this would be the easiest to serve so I don't have to stand around cooking bacon or sausage, although link sausuage I could bake in the oven - just typing this out made me think of this.

Brunch:
    Juice
    Coffee
    Milk
    Fruit Tray
    Waffles / Syrup
    Heavenly Hash Browns (no cream soup, but there is cheddar cheese)
    Ham
    Sausage Links

Still need an easy egg dish with no weird stuff, may just have to scramble them. I would love to just make a big scramble, but no can do with people who don't like peppers (my mom) and of course my DH won't eat quiche.

Since we live in a townhouse, in the late afternoon/evening (well after my family has left) we will have Craig's family over:

I need Linner (Lunch/Dinner) suggestions purty please, preferably make ahead stuff that we can just throw in the oven. My most pickiest eater is my DH - grrrrrrrr.
    bonnie

Junior Scrapper scrappin-wannabe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had this at a scrapbook retreat this year, and it was pretty good - the chiles are optional:

The official name is "Lori's Sister-in-law Nell's Christmas Breakfast Thing"

1 (12 oz) package frozen shredded hash browns
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    1 cup cooked bacon pieces or diced ham
    4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
    4 oz shredded jack cheese
    1 (4 oz) can diced mild green chiles
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1/4 tbsp. seasoned salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a pie plate and spread the taters over the bottom. Brush or drizzle butter over the taters and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and layer with the meat, cheese and chiles. Beat remaining ingredients together (eggs, milk and salt) and pour over the casserole. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes more. Serve with salsa and other good stuff (avocado!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas Eve dinner with family at a restaurant

Christmas morning Cinammon Rolls

This Christmas Dinner Steak and Potatos

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie, I have had the breakfast thing as well and I elimated the chilis and put in some chopped onions. This is something that I mixed up ahead of time and kept it in the fridge until I was ready to bake. Also if you use a quiche recipe and just bake it in a square pan, no crust now it's a scramble and not a quiche and any self-respecting man can safely eat it and not suffer any loss on the macho scale lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if your family likes reuben sandwiches but I have a recipe that you make ahead in your crockpot and refridgerate the crock, put it in the crockpot an hour before you want it. It is like a reuben dip that you can serve on toast wedges or crackers, but my family likes it on rye bread as a sandwich. Let me know if you want me to post it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the ideas ladies, and yes, Lori - please post your reuben sandwich recipe, if anything I will eat it!
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would they eat a vegetable strata(with no peppers)?
    I made that 2 years ago for Christmas morning because I had so many sleeping over Christmas Eve. I think I did one meat strata and one vegetable strata. It was more eggy than quiche.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Cass17:
    Would they eat a vegetable strata(with no peppers)?
    I made that 2 years ago for Christmas morning because I had so many sleeping over Christmas Eve. I think I did one meat strata and one vegetable strata. It was more eggy than quiche.
    I dunno.

This is how picky my DH is - he will eat waffles, but not pancakes. Doesn't like the texture of pancakes.
    bonnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy. You do have a picky bunch to cook for. When I made the strata, I had two that wouldn't eat it because of the onions.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonnie, I make roast beef for sandwiches, in my crockpot. It is my Christmas eve dinner, but would work for Christmas day. I sear the roast(sirloin tip) in the skillett, put in crockpot. Set for 10 hour cook time, add 1 - 2 cups beef broth, dash of Worchestershire Sause, minced onions and Italian seasoning. Before it is completely done throughout, I slice and put back into the broth. I refrigerate in the crock pot until about 5 hrs before I want to serve it. I turn it back on the warm setting, and leave it until serving on hoagie rolls. I saute onion and pepper strips for those who want them, and I furnish swiss and provolone cheese slices. I add a salad to go with.
    Judith