Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I know a ton of you ladies have the sizzix and other die cutting systems. I bought an Ellison thin cut off of ebay it was new. I went to try it and it doesn’t cut like the sizzix dies do I have the converter system thingy and all it does is make an impression on the paper. I use cardstock 6 pages to see if it would cut just one and nope it just made impressions on like 5 of them. I tried regular printer paper and it cut it kind of it basically made it a punch out like it was a perforated cut that you had to hand punch out. I hope I am describing this right.

Question what am I doing wrong? And is this the way it is suppose to happen or is it suppose to cut like a regular die, it just doesn’t have the clean cut look to it when I have to hand punch it out. Could this be a defective die and if so where would i email or ask about returning it to? I looked on ellison.com and could not find anything on the die all I found was teacher die systems.

Thanks for any help. Sorry this was long winded.

Janice
    SAS is 5 years old... please join in the 5day online crop!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I know a ton of you ladies have the sizzix and other die cutting systems. I bought an Ellison thin cut off of ebay it was new. I went to try it and it doesn’t cut like the sizzix dies do I have the converter system thingy and all it does is make an impression on the paper. I use cardstock 6 pages to see if it would cut just one and nope it just made impressions on like 5 of them. I tried regular printer paper and it cut it kind of it basically made it a punch out like it was a perforated cut that you had to hand punch out. I hope I am describing this right.

Question what am I doing wrong? And is this the way it is suppose to happen or is it suppose to cut like a regular die, it just doesn’t have the clean cut look to it when I have to hand punch it out. Could this be a defective die and if so where would i email or ask about returning it to? I looked on ellison.com and could not find anything on the die all I found was teacher die systems.

Thanks for any help. Sorry this was long winded.

Janice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I talk to a guy found a number. He said to use those dies I need a rolling system the sizzix does not cut them it a press system and the rolling system has more pressure.

So becareful when you buy thin cuts, for all the ladies that are NEW to the die cut world.

Thanks Janice

suck because I just ordered two more. Guess gives me a reason to by something new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will work in a Sizzix Sidekick and most of these are being clearanced out, so if you go looking for one you should be able to get a great deal.
    bonnie

Junior Scrapper scrappin-wannabe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    janice,
    are you using the black adaptor piece with your converter?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    huh??? what black piece I have the converter thats black, never knew it came with anything else.

Please Please tell me more.

Janice

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sidekicks are $10.00 on CE!!

Just sayen..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Janice - the black additional adapter is just for really thin dies like quickutz. It should work with just the regular adapter because the Ellison thin cuts are the same as the sizzlits. Did you try to shim it with a piece of cardstock or two?

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Taffy for the heads-up.

If you use the Sidekick - you will only need to use cutting pads - one on the bottom / die / paper / cutting pad - to crank through the machine.

There is an adapter for the Sidekick so you can use QuicKutz, Boss Kut and other thinner dies - using this 2x2 adapter with a thinner die, should equal a regular Sizzlit or Ellison Thin Die.

I don't own a Sizzix machine, so I can't comment on how it works.
    bonnie

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funny, that you mention the black adaptor piece. my friend/i were on yahoo w/each other and she was telling me that she needs a new convertor (the one that fits under the sizzix) and a new cutting pad (white one) - and i had mentioned, "I didn't know you needed to replace the convertor?" apparently she's replaced it twice already.. (the convertor) wierd.. we went thru all the possiblities of why she needs to replace, but i don't know what she's doing differnet than i am.. anyway.. yes, there is a black adaptor..

This is the convertor:

The black adapter: