Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter is going to be 9 next Saturday and we are going camping for her birthday party with 5 of her friends for the night. I want to play some games that have a camping theme or an outdoor theme. I am thinking we are going to do a scavenger hunt...on the campground. I am also planning on doing a craft or two, any ideas?
    Teresa Cadwell
    Independent Scrapbook Instructor
    I Remember When
    I Scrapbooking!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I can't think of a craft, but be sure to do s'mores over a campfire. Also, when I had Girl Scouts, we would begin a ghost story, and each person around the fire added one sentence, building one the one before. The girls loved this. What a fun BD party idea. I love it.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had talent show at G.S. we would do skits and things and sing songs. I remember the one year we couldn't have ANY fires so we had to figure out how to melt smores on the propane stove! Our campfire that year was a big light underneath sticks tied with red paper

oh don't roast marshmellows over starterlogs! It turns them grey, probably not good for you

Lets see we took hikes and did crafts at girl scouts and goofed off. what else to do

Is there swimming there? oh I know I probably don't have them anymore but if you can go by whatever store in your area sells girlscout supplies they'd have a badge book and I'm sure there'd be outdoor activities.

ok found this http://www.girlscouts.org/program/gs_central/insignia/o...patches/getwithland/

ok only games I found were ice breakers but could you do three legged races and potato sack races?

http://www.childfun.com/modules.php?...rticle&sid=161

site above has some good activites but some ment for smaller children.

http://www.teachers.net/lessons/posts/1036.html more ideas and I FORGOT ABOUT BANANA BOATS Oh you so have to make those!! Those are great!

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah! Banana boats! They are great!
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember going to camp for two weeks each summer and can remember loving to make macrame (sp?)bracelets.
    Maybe you can do those or frienship bracelets since the materials needed are small and easy to pack.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of girls are into flip-flops. We decorated them for our booth at relay for life. They are easy. Buy a bag of long balloons. They just tie them on the flip-flop, or you could get the large glue dots and put jingle bells, jewels, or flowers on them. That would be easy and they could sit at the picnic table and do them.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The craft stores have a bunch of the FOAM piece picture kits and they are usually only 1.00. Or they have the buckets of pieces, i've seen where they can make Tiaras, Photo Frames, Sand Buckets to decorate with the foam.....The photo frames may be good they can make their own (Decorate) frame then if you take pics of the girls you can get some extras printed and send them each one to put in the frame.