Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started as a scrapbooker about 5 yrs ago and in the past year I have learned cardmaking with rubber stamping and I love to make cards, it is all I do. I think because the finished product is completed sooner I don't know! Now the problem is, I can't seem to do a scrapbook page, I just want to make cards. I hope with the first of the year and the holidays intact for awhile I will go back to it. Am I the only one with this obsession, surley not!.....Sue
    Hi, My name is Sue and I am a Big-Shot -aholic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too have gotten hooked on card making. I won't say it's ALL I do but I find I am doing less pages as well. I blame part of my slacking on the fact that all I take is digital now so I don't have the photos on hand to put on a page. I print as I need so I can adjust sizes if necessary. Sounds good doesn't it?
    Carol
    Carol
    born & raised desert rat
    The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. John J. Bingham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me too!!! I agree I think it more the immediate satisfaction.

We live in a world of instant gratification.

Gail
    Hugs to all of you!
    Gail

So little time, sooo many projects!

Stop by and see me at my blog:
    www.gailgsgoodies.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still scrap, but I also make cards. I have been making more cards lately than scrapping, but I wanted to get all my Christmas cards done, addressed, stamped, and mailed the first week of December. I am happy to report that I only have three more Christmas cards to make and I am done!! I have been taking some time off from the cards to make two little index card books . Those are lots of fun! The one I made today will make my Christmas card list so much easier from now on . Woo Hoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sue, I too have got so far away from my scrapbookking that I am dissatisfied. I WANT my albums made for my family. I have been really hung up on making cards for the troops and then into making my Christmas cards, which I have done for yrs and love doing, BUT it is time to get back to my scrapbooks. Good luck with your endeavors whatever they may be!!
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am just taking a break from making my Christmas cards and decided to look on SAS to see what was happening...and what do I see but, this thread!

It seems that I am working mostly on swaps and cardmaking, also. I have decided to complete my swaps and then take the next month to scrap even tho' it is in the midst of the holidays. I scrap mostly at night after all is quiet in the house so the activities of the day don't interrupt. I have many photos to scrap from the past year and I don't want to get too far behind. So, cardmaking is going to take a back seat...

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can definetly see where that could happen. It is easier to whip out a card than a layout. You don't have to prepare photos or journaling.

I have some ideas to get you out of this only card-no-layout rut:

1. How about challenging yourself to do a layout and then allow yourself to make a card only after it's finished.

2. Better yet, take the scraps from the layout and use them for the card.

3. Do the Layout challenge this week and get the layout mojo back!

4. Do a layout without a photo. It'll kind of be a crossover. It's like a big card only with journaling.

I actually did a non-photo layout on Saturday because my kids wanted to play downstairs in the basement where my SB stuff is. I had no photos ready for a layout, but had a memory that I wanted to document. So they played and I did my non-photo layout. It was easy not having to worry about printing a photo at a certain size. I just had fun with my stuff.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to confess. I've really gotten into card making too. For me, I think that at least one reason is because I can use so mnay of my scraps for my card making. I feel like I'm nothing really spending anything on the cards. Of course, I do have to buy the cardstock & often new embellies for the cards but that just satisfies my shopping urge.
    I'm terribly behind on my los right now. I really need to get busy on them while I can't go anywhere for a while. It's just that dh brought me home 8 Karen Kingsbury books that I haven't read yet! I know Priorities, priorities!!
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judy, I feel the same way about the cards. If you use what you have you're not spending $3 on a card at the store. Actually, then there's $3 more dollars you can spend on scrapbooking supplies...what a way to justify more SB spending! and the cards are so much nicer and more personal when they are handmade.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go back and forth from SBing to Cardmaking. First, I do a bunch of LO's and then I take all the scraps and make cards. The cards I make are then given to my mom and mil for Christmas and Mother's day gifts so that they don't have to shell out tons of money for them to send someone a card. With my last batch of LO's, I have made about 60 cards and I'm still going... (I'll be mailing some out for the troops.)

When I do it this way, I keep both crafts current. But it is difficult to transition.
    "My mother said, 'You won't amount to anything because you procrastinate.' I said, 'Just wait.'" Judy Tenuta

I'm thankful for piles of laundry. It means my loved ones are nearby.