Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has any one used their sewing machines in their scrapbooks? I have read a lot about this and I am going to try it on some of my daughters pages. You can sew paper on paper or cloth and paper. This is such a neat idea. Once I try it I will post a photo. Another way is sewing without thread leaves a perforated texture on a mat or border. The look is delicate and similar to dry embossing. You do NOT need a great machine to do this. If your machine can sew straight lines, zigzag, and maybe even do a few other simple stitches. If anyone has done this or have any other idea please let me know.

Junior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has any one used their sewing machines in their scrapbooks? I have read a lot about this and I am going to try it on some of my daughters pages. You can sew paper on paper or cloth and paper. This is such a neat idea. Once I try it I will post a photo. Another way is sewing without thread leaves a perforated texture on a mat or border. The look is delicate and similar to dry embossing. You do NOT need a great machine to do this. If your machine can sew straight lines, zigzag, and maybe even do a few other simple stitches. If anyone has done this or have any other idea please let me know.

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, can't help you. I have never tried the sewing on a scrapbook page. Have read alot about it and plan to try it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please do let us know how it works. I have a Sew Craft Mini. I've been wanting to try it out on my pages, but I am very afraid the paper will end up tearing or getting wrinkled.
    Cindy
    Independent Beauty Consultant
    www.marykay.com/cynthiaalarcon

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you sew with a longer stitch length you won't end up tearing the paper. Another cool thing is to put a design like a pattern from a coloring book and then sew over the lines in the pattern onto your paper below. When you remove the pattern the image is perforated on the paper, and if you use a larger needle so the holes are bigger, you can back the design with another color and it gives a neat effect. There is a craft that does this with needles and they poke through thin metal sheets, then back/mat with a different color but I don't know what the name of it is. We did these when I was little as a club project thing. Works for scrapbooks too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, when sewing on paper always use the same needle as it is dulled with use and will not work very well when using it on fabric. So, save your dulled needles after you have used them on fabric projects like quillting and such. Otherwise, all your decorative stitches can be used on your layouts, too.

And instead of going back and forth to end off your work, simply sew until you have finished your line or design then cut your threads a little longer, enought to thread a needle onto the ends and poke the ends to the back side of your work. Tape or spot glue the ends down so that they do not fray or pull out.

Judy
    Judy

A MERRY Heart Does GOOD Like a Medicine!

check out my blogs: http://scrappers.me.com/bitaglitz
    http:judy-forthemoment.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that is alot of good information. I haven't tried sewing on paper yet but I will hold on to the info until I do. TFS Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always wanted to sew on my pages too, but never have tried it. I've hand sewen some things (like the laces on a baseball) but never with my machine. Well to be honest, my sewing machine went into the closet when I started to scrapbook because I needed the room!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't gotten up the nerve to try this either! I did read an article about using longer stitches and a larger needle, like you would use for denim. I should just set up my machine and leave it out! That way I'd use it more! I often do pen stitching tho! Especially on my die cuts!
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stamp Queen:
    I haven't gotten up the nerve to try this either! I did read an article about using longer stitches and a larger needle, like you would use for denim. I should just set up my machine and leave it out! That way I'd use it more! I often do pen stitching tho! Especially on my die cuts! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What is pen stiching
    Dalene