Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Have you ever gone to a group crop and return home to find that your missing something?</span>

I used to hostess a community crop and many of the girls were beginners so they really didn't own as many supplies as I owned so I would share SOME of my items. I would IMMEDIATELY initial my things but one day returning home and setting up my things to crop alone I noticed markers missing, my tape runner and small punches all vanished.

I was hesitant to share at the next crop so I became a drill master instead of a hostess. LOL That was no fun to me.

Tanisha
    Come check my cards out at my webstore www.CardsByNYScrapster.Etsy.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Have you ever gone to a group crop and return home to find that your missing something?</span>

I used to hostess a community crop and many of the girls were beginners so they really didn't own as many supplies as I owned so I would share SOME of my items. I would IMMEDIATELY initial my things but one day returning home and setting up my things to crop alone I noticed markers missing, my tape runner and small punches all vanished.

I was hesitant to share at the next crop so I became a drill master instead of a hostess. LOL That was no fun to me.

Tanisha
    Come check my cards out at my webstore www.CardsByNYScrapster.Etsy.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that just a shame! I have been thinking about that as I prepare to get a bag ready to go to the CK convention in Charlotte. It is so sad to me that someone would take advantage of your generosity. Lisa
    The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is just awful. I haven't ever been to a crop but to have soemthing swipped from you when you are trying to help and show them is just plain wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so sorry to hear that Tanisha. It was so sweet of you to host those swaps for the kids and for them to this it is just horrible.

Hugs,
    Donna
    Peace is the cure for all!

Senior Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanisha,
    Not trying to take the other side, but it might make you feel better to think that maybe they took them by mistake. Markers, tape runners, etc are pretty common and look alike.
    I only speak because I am guilty of being the 'thief'...getting home and realizing I had TWO corner punches instead of one. Luckily, I realized it belonged to the friend who sat next to me and was easily straightened out. But once I realized how easy it is to 'take' things I started labeleing almost everything to protect others scrappers from my disornanization.
    Sorry it happened to you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is heart breaking when you work so hard for your things and someone just easily picks it up and takes it. I am sure someone had to have noticed like illinimom, that she has extra stuff and should have brought it to your attention. When stuff like that happens to me, I thank God that I was able to have that item for the time I did and feel sorry for the other person and think that they must have needed it more than me. I guess I believe in karma and feel that you will get compensated 2 or 3x more for the ignorance of others, and the "thief" will also pay 2 to 3x for what they did. So they really aren't gaining what they stole, karma will get them in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That stinks. Maybe someone will return it to you if they picked it up by accident.

Stampin' Up! - Please PM me to order
    My Blog

2014 cards(4)
    2013 layouts (0), cards (86), other (3)

2012 layouts (3), cards (188) 7/6, other (51)
    2011:layouts (6), cards (142), other (23)
    2010:layouts (7), cards (139), other (113+)

[IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does stink. I think I would call them and sweetly ask if they may have picked them up by "accident." If they don't return them, it would make them stop and think about what they had done.
    Mickie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The workshop I run has so few members that we share things when someone doesn't have or forgot. The last thing I do before we leave is say to the group, "check your stuff to see if you have returned what you may have borrowed." No one gets upset and we all leave with our own items. I'm sorry about your loss. Hope this doesn't sour you on running the crops.

Judith
    Judith