Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted this at a another of my sb boards too

In my newspaper I was just reading about reading programs and book clubs. Davidson County is having a reading club for adults. It was to read 5 books/audiobooks to get in the drawing for a prize. They also wrote a part after the first 5 "you've done your five but why stop there!" It looked pretty cute but I'm not in that county :P

I used to go on another site that did a monthly book club but getting a book done in a month is sometimes difficult and not everyone likes to read the same thing.

I was thinking we could do something similar to the other program where we tell what we're reading and list the books we've read and encourage each other to find time to read even if it's the latest SB magazine?

Oh I forgot the Davidson County thing also had featured events that counted as one book. So maybe sporadiaclly we can do a chat about an article or a online mini crop on a technique we've learned?

Here's the link to the Davidson County site, scroll to the bottom and click on Adult Programs

http://www.library.nashville.org/Info/high...er_reading.asp#

BTW get your kids envolved in reading and maybe set a time to read together

Reading List
    1. Ziggy
    2. Judy Kay
    3. Judy Jay
    4. Mary
    5. Tammy
    6. Scrappy Pam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bookitprogram.com/shake/default.asp

link to Pizza Hut Book It. I loved this as a kid.

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok thought about this for a few more seconds!

Sign up to read from now till June 2nd I will list all envolved readers here. Please PM me your addys

Read your books, magazines, audio tapes etc. from June 3rd to Aug 4th. Must read 5 things to quailfy for drawing You will post what you've read here and PM me your addys

Reading Chat- Scrapbooking Chat 2
    talk about what we're currently reading
    What time would be best? I usually have stitching on Thursdays and the 2nd Tuesday is Miata Meetings. I'm assuming Sunday and Wednesday nights would not be good either. I work from 7 - 3ish and get home around 4 M - F

Magazine events - June and July I'll find a magazine, maybe current or not might go through my stash of mags and see what's cool. I'll have an online crop using a technique from one of these magazines. This will count as one book. Leonna Lynn/Rachel's online crop will also count as one. Do you think to be fair we should require you be on at the time of the crop? Also, the whole crop counts as one event even if they're are two projects.

When August 4th comes about and you finish your last book/mag/reading material. You have one week (I'll set up a PM for everyone so I don't get a jillion individuals) post your completed reading list to PM. Those that have completed reading 5 things will get there name in the drawing for a Scrapbooking Goody Bag. (Not sure yet what I'll put in there. Check back for furnter developments)

I'm also considering something for those who have 5 +, and 10 +

ok trying to think of any other possible questions.
    Do you think the Newspaper should count? I usually just skim through it and read certain parts so I don't know how I'd count this.

oh and anyone reading the Bible the individual Books or Gosples will count. Ex. Gosple of John, Book of Genesis

Any other questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zig, as I usually read about 4 books a week plus 3 or 4 mags a week, I don't think I'll join you. But.. I think it is a great idea. Now remember, I'm retired and I can read all those rainy, or cold and nasty, or hot and humid hours of the day away while many of you are still working. I love to read. If you post the chat times, I would love to join you at times. Hope you have lots of takers.
    Judith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Judith ok then we'll let you know I hope some others join too.

You know ladies you could always read during commercial breaks

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice idea, Zig - but, I'm kinda with Judy, I read about 2-3 books a week - but would love to join the chats about books and what's on everyone's nightstand or in the beach bag.

sam

Scrapper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the Junie B. Jones books count? I like to read them with my DGD. (Just joking about them counting. The new Harry Potter should count when it comes out.)
    My library card expired and this is an incentive to get out and renew.
    I'm in if I get the requirements understood.
    -Judy Kay-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually read a book or sometimes 2 a week, not quite as much as Sam & the other Judy. This sounds like fun. I'd love to take part, if you don't think I'm already reading too much for this to be fair.
    Oh, & Judy Kay, I love Junie B. Jones. Magic Tree House books are great too! When I was still in 2nd grade, I was buying all of these when they came out. Now that I'm retired, I've already given most of them to my dgc or our church library. Jan Brett is my favorite children's writer, but then, this topic isn't about children's books, is it.
    Judy

Check out my scrappy blog at http://scrap-a-doodlestamping.blogspot.com/

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Ok I'll do a mega book reader how about all you reading ladies Dang I used to be like that too before actual work

requirements are READ and make a list. If you read 5 things I'll make up a prize. If yu read 10 things I'll make up a prize. and the I guess I'll have to have a 10 plus thing for some people :P

I'd like your addy's pm'd or when those that want to do it sign up I'll create a pm so everyone can post addy's there. That way if you win I can send your stuff to you or if I find inspiring things

The idea I'm coping from had a list of activities,classes and seminar kinda things it looked like and if you went to one of those it could count as a book too. For some people finding time to read was hard so 5 was a managable goal.

Anything else?

Ziggy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi zigs, ok, i'm in. do you want me to pm you now or wait for a pm???
    *Mary*